Ranking
Original Post
Better joints Without Shaders
I was doing a set and realized that joints with texture, they get a better quality, it could be done without the textures? The look of the game would be better, in my opinion.

Maybe with a script?

=============================

======================

I made a folder with all joint textures, if you want to try, download it, and extract to "C:/games/Toribash 4.0/custom" folder, and /lp 0 joints

ONLY WORKS IN 4.0 AND ABOVE

Maybe i'll work on a script for it. Maybe.
Attached Files
joints.rar (14.1 KB, 21 views)
Last edited by Pedro; Sep 23, 2012 at 03:55 AM.
o7
why not make it an extra option?
it would be good for those who aren't able to run shaders but want higher quality joints
Blargharghag
Originally Posted by karolk666 View Post
So basically you want low quality look like high(ish) quality?

Basicaly.

Originally Posted by zGh05T View Post
why not make it an extra option?
it would be good for those who aren't able to run shaders but want higher quality joints

Yes, would be nice.
o7
So basically you want to increase the graphical requirements for the game? Y'know the changes would make it unuable by people with hardware that isn't already capable of running shaders. :|

That is unless you want to play in jerk-o-vision.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
No..., i see that joints with textures, when contracting/extending, gets a better quality than "clean" joints, without textures, and it would be cool if that quality keeps as default joints.
o7
I want.

With shaders off, when you put a joint in it's hold/relax state it looks clean and nice. I have no idea why that clean look doesn't carry over to the contracted/extended states as well.

Anyways, this suggestion would be best suited as an option in case, for whatever reason, some computers wouldn't be able to handle it...
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
Originally Posted by opedro View Post
I was doing a set and realized that joints with texture, they get a better quality, it could be done without the textures? The look of the game would be better, in my opinion.

Maybe with a script?

=============================

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
So basically you want to increase the graphical requirements for the game? Y'know the changes would make it unusable by people with hardware that isn't already capable of running shaders. :|

That is unless you want to play in jerk-o-vision.

You realize that you don't make any sense, Skulfuk

Just making sure you know

Also I would like this because

Is ugly as fuck
ugly
YES!!! That what i mean, joints without shaders sucks! Isn't needed to have a nice graphics card to get joints as i showed up, and looks better than the present joints.
Last edited by Pedro; Sep 23, 2012 at 04:20 AM.
o7
Personally, I like the ones you say are ugly as fuck better. I play with my graphics low on purpose just so I don't see the smooth joints. The non-smooth ones just stand out from other body parts better. Makes joints easier to find mid-fight.
\o/