Ranking
Original Post
Toribash Community Improvements (steam, media, duels, rules and more)
Hey there.

Over the years as both ordinary member and a Staff, I've acumulated certain opinions, ideas, things I do and do not like about the game, the forum and the community. I had some things written down for a year now and I don't see a reason to keep it lying in the .txt for much longer.

The text down below concerns a number of problems or things that are being underutilized. I keep every paragraph in new spoiler not to make a wall of text

Steam

Toribash media

Organizations' involvement with events

Staff evaluation surveys/threads

The duelers' board

Middlemen initiative

Rules board

Most of the ideas here could be done without much resources or coding, all that's needed is some good will, users and moderators alike willing to work on them. All of those ideas can be expanded and explained with more details, be given examples - I can do so with some or all of them if this thread gathers enough support, for now I didn't want to bury your under 10 pages of PDFs.
Last edited by Powas; Jul 25, 2016 at 10:16 PM.
retired
General bump for the sake of bumping, as well as question to icky.
@icky: I heard you got some more steam perks rn, any general plan how to make it more alive? Do you need any ideas, help with setting things up and whatnot? I think that getting it covered alongside the media/blog thing would work nicely for one - as in, people working on it could be adding short summaries with links to whole articles/interviews etc on steam. I also think we could use more stickies with general stuff and probably we could get some of the help squad folks involved with answering questions there.

Obviously, still waiting for some more comments on other ideas as well.
retired
Originally Posted by Powas View Post
General bump for the sake of bumping, as well as question to icky.
@icky: I heard you got some more steam perks rn, any general plan how to make it more alive? Do you need any ideas, help with setting things up and whatnot? I think that getting it covered alongside the media/blog thing would work nicely for one - as in, people working on it could be adding short summaries with links to whole articles/interviews etc on steam. I also think we could use more stickies with general stuff and probably we could get some of the help squad folks involved with answering questions there.

Obviously, still waiting for some more comments on other ideas as well.

I have the 'perks' as such, need to get them set up currently and learn how to not break things. Both of which are parts tonights plan after training. No uni friday so I won't be under any immediate pressure.

As for ideas on what to put on the whole thing, nothing is set in stone yet so everyone can feel free to fire things they'd like to see to my PM Box. Currently I'm talking to Fear about clan stuff since that is the least apparent function that Toribash has.

As for people who can do it, also up for debate. I haven't really discussed that side with anyone since I haven't worked out how everything works yet.
Contemplating the possibility of just making a dedicated 'steam team' from people that want to apply (potentially free application or exclusive to current staff is also something I have given some thought too). Could also just see if the HS want to expand into steam as well and add that to their duties.

-cont when i have time-
Last edited by Icky; Sep 8, 2016 at 06:47 AM.
Originally Posted by Powas View Post
Hey there.

The duelers' board

I tried creating something similar with fite nite... It still isn't working well tho
i was asked to read this thread and i would like to agree with cowmeat on no-new-features thing, aaand thats all i can tell
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
@icky: glad to hear. Dedicated steam team would be a good thing imo, if we could make a decently working team, it'd be easier to get the media team going as well, as that'd prove there's still some potential within the community.
Perhaps we could also post threads within different staff subforums (or ask in offtopic of those forums) about things/threads/information/ideas that they'd like to see introduced/implemented in steam stickies?
retired
Bumping in general.
Plus, nikos posted a sugestion about staff status list, one that doesn't make much sense but there was one line about lack of communication between staff and people, to which I agree, and to which surveys are (part of) the answer imo. I'd like to get some update on that here, it was supposed to be discussed amongst higher staff.
retired