Toribash
IGN's Eki, from PH which is Garena-ran, but i have an NA account called Ekiku where I played AI games with a controller with 250 ping but i haven't used it in a while
aaaaAAaaAasaaadABabababalnandàas2
My name is Happy to Support and I'm platinum 3.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
I'm Damano on the BR server and on the NA server i'm Damano1
Last edited by Damano1; Dec 29, 2017 at 10:13 AM. Reason: bad grammar
"You have every right to be offended, just don't cry when no one cares."
Is that even possible? It was some time ago, i am Jhin and my friend is Syndra

Lol wtf

[TANG]Member
RSO Teacher
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Nonmeta picks don't happen in League, new runes or not.

Ultimately, League's balancing means that there is no offmeta, only an abnormal power curve that hasn't been discovered yet. When you see a surprise pick, it's ALMOST never optimal, and relies on hoping your opponent is not prepared for it. It's why when you see a surprise pick you'll see a guaranteed one of two results: total domination or total annihilation. Either it succeeds in surprising, and can snowball into a point where meta doesn't matter (that Nocturne pick in Worlds), or it falls flat and proceeds to suck for the remainder of the match (that Rammus pick in All-Stars).

youre literally contradicting yourself. off-meta will always exist. its unpopular because it's OFF-meta. its really hard to find new and innovative way to do things but it does happen. like you said, it ALMOST is never optimal. there are certain counterpicks such as the infamous mf support into zyra that rocked the world stage.
-----
Originally Posted by Lust View Post
i don't get how Flex is any worse than Solo/Duo, I just got in an argument with a guy in Reddit with him implying that having a high rank in Flex is useless and boosted when I solo queue flex because it's the higher rank i have

the #1 flex challenger player peaked d5 0lp in solo q so yeaaaa
Last edited by Tor1g0d; Dec 29, 2017 at 04:47 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
My name is Retronix, I am on NA.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
Originally Posted by Tor1g0d View Post
youre literally contradicting yourself. off-meta will always exist. its unpopular because it's OFF-meta. its really hard to find new and innovative way to do things but it does happen. like you said, it ALMOST is never optimal. there are certain counterpicks such as the infamous mf support into zyra that rocked the world stage.

Let be me a little clearer on what I mean. League doesn't have offmeta like Dota does in that League's balance really only supports one meta at a time because more than half the cast at any given point is bad in competitive play, and more than half that remain are just suboptimal compared to the meta ones, but still adhere to the team meta that forms.

For example, that Nocturne pick was "offmeta" in that he's not a popular pick for the rotation meta, but he fits into the team meta of rotation-heavy play, and he played in a team comp that heavily capitalized on his semi-global ult to perform rotations using TP and Galio. The Rammus pick was "offmeta" in that he's not a popular pick for a siege meta, but he fits into the siege meta as a tank jungler, and he was used in a team comp that tried to pull off a siege comp using Rammus as the front line. MF support was initially "offmeta" in that she didn't see play as a support usually, but she fit into the support meta as a bully support. Her success in that role as the only person who could outpoke Zyra consistently while still providing team utility revealed that she fit extremely well into the bully support meta. An abnormal power curve. And then they nerfed the range on Make It Rain, thus gutting her power in that role.

"Offmeta" in League just translates to "suboptimal meta", rather than Dota where "offmeta" literally is offmeta because it stands in opposition to the meta strategy. For example, this year's The International's Main Event saw a good percentage of every hero get picked or banned; 19 heroes were not picked or banned out of 115, with 3 of them just plain not allowed in competitive play. League's World Championships saw 79 champions picked or banned out of 134, with the vast majority of roles seeing at most 5 main picks in that role (defined as their total play constituting 50% of the total picks in that role), and the main picks all overlap in terms of what they're trying to accomplish within their role. This points towards a very specific meta in League compared to Dota.

It's too hard to not adhere to the meta in League because the number of bans is complete ass. You get 5 bans per team in competitive League, you get 6 per team in Dota. 12 champions out of 115 are gone compared to 10 out of 135. You're going to see more variance and true offmeta in Dota because of this, because you can actually effectively force an offmeta game to happen through a combination of picks and bans and the hard counters available in Dota. You can't force a team to not play the meta in League because of how nonrestrictive the bans are, and how there's no true hard counter in League. As such, there's no room for true "offmeta" picks because everything in League is structured around the dominant team meta, and there's not enough tools to force a game's pick and bans to not adhere to this dominant meta.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
i lied, did some cleaning up to the OP- it was way too long and outdated.
feel free to let me know if you feel that i left anything out, i used the original as a template and just edited/added things.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Garena server
Karstnator - Drifted by Ogres

OCE server
Karstnator- Karstnator

:^)
Last edited by Karstnator; Dec 29, 2017 at 09:55 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER