Ranking
Original Post
+Ranking
How does ranking really work?

I tested it last night and went 19-0 (9:30AM-2:30PM) and stayed off the account the rest of the night and got rank 7.

Then on another I went 17-0 and i started at 7:00PM and got off at 11:30 PM with 17 qi and got rank 4

How does it really work?
<snip>
Ranking is based on qi, and is a measure of you compared to everyone else with your belt. It changes with your belt, because it is only a measure of you and everyone on your level.
EDIT: Here's a link to the Toribash Wiki. A lot of your questions can be answered here. http://wiki.toribash.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

And here's a link to the ranking topic on the toribash Wiki. http://wiki.toribash.com/index.php?title=Ranking
But, how does it estimate, I mean like when does toribash on tb time reset on the rank wise.

Does it go by how fast you earn your qi?
<snip>
Well, in the link I posted it says that if you have 1999 qi as a black belt, you'll be a higher ranking than someone who has one less qi.
I think the rankings change every 24 hours. It doesn't matter how fast you earn your qi, just how much you have, though.
No, no, no. It doesn't matter how well you did in that day. It only matters how much qi you have in total.

For example, let's say you've won 2000 qi in total. We'll say you're rank 50 now. The guy at rank 49 would have earned (hypothetically) 2011 qi. So the only way to advance in ranks is to have more qi than the guy in front of you.
Meaning it's pretty much impossible to get rank 1 in white, it probably is possible for yellow though
<snip>
That's not true. I assume that rank one is obtained by reaching the maximum number of qi possible before recieving the next belt.
Which is 20 qi for yellow

and I got 19 qi but ranked 7.

I'm going to try the expirment 1 more time tonight
<snip>
That must mean that if there are too many people with the same amount of qi, ranking priority goes to the one who was there first. So... The second person to get it was rank 2, and so on.