Ranking
Original Post
Lenshu3 career
hey,

I just started playing Lenshu3. At first the mod felt really really weird, but I think im starting to manage. Tell me what you think.
Attached Files
lenshu31.rpl (66.1 KB, 6 views)
lenshu32.rpl (88.3 KB, 5 views)
lenshu33.rpl (87.6 KB, 4 views)
lenshu34.rpl (88.0 KB, 5 views)
Based on these replays I feel like you do more kicking mods than striking mods and aren't too much of a grapple player? At least it would seem that way. However, when you get into any new mod it does feel a little weird at first I can attest to that. I am mostly a grapple player, but am pretty good with striking, not so much with kicking mods.

As for the replays.

31) Opener looks kinda odd, like off, a bit, anyways, as for your game play, some nice accurate hits, just try to work on positioning. Try not to focus too much on getting the first hit, but getting the better hit.

32) I'd like to know where you are getting these openers, interesting yet funky haha. Good job getting back to the foe there, just try to work on hitting places like the head, like you did there. Hitting also the little blue bits on that guys body, the stomach, armpit, and things like that, groin too. They give more points. This replay is pretty good though with that for the most part, hitting his leg wasn't what you wanted clearly, at the start. ^_^

33) These openers get funkier and funkier. You missed a prime opportunity at the start to hit him, would have been worth it because it is a body shot. Would have been better to relax knee because you would have got a hit and the move would flow better, meaning better movement speed for you, and less jumpy movement. helps the kick, because it lets the foot fall back and hit more surface area. Anyways, nice kick at the end on the head, also the punch, its good to play a game of attrition sometimes, slowly gaining points, but hitting vital spots like head.

34) The opener makes a little more sense, remember, in lenshu you want to either be able to get quick points, or be able to bounce back and go back at the enemy, for best effect. Nice job getting back there and hitting the head, that's a vital move right there, then you also sorta slapped his head.

All in all, you really just need to work on striking the opponent more accurately, like you hit them, but you hit them sorta on the edge, try ti hit them in the middle, if you know what I mean, if not I can explain better. You seem fine with getting back to the enemy, all in all, you seem like a decent player for starting in the mod. Well done, thumbs up from me, make that two. ^_^
Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
Based on these replays I feel like you do more kicking mods than striking mods and aren't too much of a grapple player? At least it would seem that way. However, when you get into any new mod it does feel a little weird at first I can attest to that. I am mostly a grapple player, but am pretty good with striking, not so much with kicking mods.

As for the replays.

31) Opener looks kinda odd, like off, a bit, anyways, as for your game play, some nice accurate hits, just try to work on positioning. Try not to focus too much on getting the first hit, but getting the better hit.

32) I'd like to know where you are getting these openers, interesting yet funky haha. Good job getting back to the foe there, just try to work on hitting places like the head, like you did there. Hitting also the little blue bits on that guys body, the stomach, armpit, and things like that, groin too. They give more points. This replay is pretty good though with that for the most part, hitting his leg wasn't what you wanted clearly, at the start. ^_^

33) These openers get funkier and funkier. You missed a prime opportunity at the start to hit him, would have been worth it because it is a body shot. Would have been better to relax knee because you would have got a hit and the move would flow better, meaning better movement speed for you, and less jumpy movement. helps the kick, because it lets the foot fall back and hit more surface area. Anyways, nice kick at the end on the head, also the punch, its good to play a game of attrition sometimes, slowly gaining points, but hitting vital spots like head.

34) The opener makes a little more sense, remember, in lenshu you want to either be able to get quick points, or be able to bounce back and go back at the enemy, for best effect. Nice job getting back there and hitting the head, that's a vital move right there, then you also sorta slapped his head.

All in all, you really just need to work on striking the opponent more accurately, like you hit them, but you hit them sorta on the edge, try ti hit them in the middle, if you know what I mean, if not I can explain better. You seem fine with getting back to the enemy, all in all, you seem like a decent player for starting in the mod. Well done, thumbs up from me, make that two. ^_^

Alrright man, thats some serious feedback, I like that!

I dont use openers. I find openers for wushu and taekyon very critical, but for Lenshu3 not so much, I just kinda freestyle. I do think having an opener make moves follow up easier. The match frames are enough to make a comeback in case of losing.

Also I like punches too, they are just harder to prepare and land, also without getting hit due to your torso being so close at the enemy.
Grabbing is not my thang, I hope It'll be one day.

Anyway,
thanks for your comment, aprreciate it.
I'm real good at grapple and made two tutorials on the tutorial forum, you can read them. Also, if you make a move that allows you to fall down, your lenshu playing will get better, or if you try to go into air, to prevent them from pushing you out or away.