Toribash
Original Post
Staff of the year & Player of the year
As you can guess by the name of the event. It is an event where the community gets to decide who was the most outstanding player & staff during the year.

The two categories would have different qualification rules. Staff category is based on the work they done as a staff while players category is based on the achievements of players. The user with the most votes win.

Naturally it would be an event with good rewards as getting such title is a hard task.
NO TITLE
Originally Posted by Sora View Post
Then do you have a better idea?

u didnt even disagree with him lol, u just criticized his criticism and moved on

since there's no metric which is being voted on, what if everyone wants to vote for their clan leader because he's a really great guy and deserves to win? what would u do to prevent against that? tell them their votes are wrong? based on what? they all voted for the same guy, but is that not the entire point of a vote? to see which guy everyone votes for?

besides, what does this "event" actually add to the game? what is there to this "event" other than vote for a player and hope you get some free shit? with other events u have to do something to win the prize, but what is there to do here? yayyy i get to vote for someone else to win some money, and i get to do nothing to increase my chances of winning other than .. get voted for XDD

also are we not in the midst of a perpetual tc sinking campaign ? why would they just give out some free shit for 0? especially when it would prob end up going directly to the players who have the most tc, because it is a popularity contest lol. i bet shmevin the player of the month could really use 50k tc and 3 shiai tokens a month, fk the noobs let them have their 2.5k tourneys every 15 min

and as far as staff of the month goes, most of the shit they do is behind closed doors, so how would we even know who actually does the most work? once again just a popularity contest instead of someone winning because they deserve to win
I feel like the best way to highlight ones opinion of another person is just to approach them and say it yourself. Some good points were raised, that this could be easily "rigged" and end up being a popularity contest, or just an established scheme for someone to receive the title. Rewards for being a great community member come themselves, in the shape of people that surround you and the way people treat you. I don't think any reward could be better than receiving a message from someone that really feels a positive way about you : )

That goes out to both proposals, both community and staff. Though, I am not against a way to reward outstanding members, aside from the Legend title, there is always the same way Hampa and Ishi have given out their tokens of appreciation. This could be a good idea, but it'd be biased as it would have most likely one member, or a committee, that observes the community from the shadows. Then again, it's a non-tradeable item, but do you care more about the fact your behaviour has been noticed or the fact you got a reward for it.

*Example of Appreciation Token
Originally Posted by melrose View Post
I feel like the best way to highlight ones opinion of another person is just to approach them and say it yourself. Some good points were raised, that this could be easily "rigged" and end up being a popularity contest, or just an established scheme for someone to receive the title. Rewards for being a great community member come themselves, in the shape of people that surround you and the way people treat you. I don't think any reward could be better than receiving a message from someone that really feels a positive way about you : )

That goes out to both proposals, both community and staff. Though, I am not against a way to reward outstanding members, aside from the Legend title, there is always the same way Hampa and Ishi have given out their tokens of appreciation. This could be a good idea, but it'd be biased as it would have most likely one member, or a committee, that observes the community from the shadows. Then again, it's a non-tradeable item, but do you care more about the fact your behaviour has been noticed or the fact you got a reward for it.

*Example of Appreciation Token

Indeed it doesn't sound like a good idea anymore. However, appreciation tokens sound better as you said. There are obviously noteworthy changes being made sometimes that deserve one. I think it would be fine if staff people give out a few once in a while. I doubt anybody would disagree with a good achievement being rewarded with a worthless item.
NO TITLE
hanna would be staff of the year for 10 years straight!

would not be fair
If yearly I think it fair to narrow down to a few candidates to be fair to those who deserve to be a nominee
walah walah muda muda