Ranking
Original Post
How to Host a tourney for NON-PT
Hey!

There have been some many people who have been hosting tournies but does not know what to do... I am here to discuss how to make a tourney.

FIRST STEP:

Get a Bot. This is very crucial because you have to mute all of the participants of your tourney. Without this you will have a hard time starting your tourney.

Click this

Also, you have to download ALL of the files in the attachment to make the bot work.

SECOND STEP:

Always give annoucements about your tourney 2-3days before you make the tourney. This will give the interested participants to plan for your tourney. Always update your annoucements like the change of time,mod,prizes etc. This Link is a perfect example. CLICKY MEH

NOTE: You can make a thread for your tourney and update that thread with your annoucements. You can also post and/or make a thread in your clan board(if you have a clan) about you hosting a tourney. It is more fun if your clanmates are there playing with you.

THIRD STEP:
Prepare for you tourney. You should always have enough time to start the tourney and end the tourney. If you leave in the middle of the tourney, the participants will give you a bad reputation.

FOURTH STEP:

Always set aside an decent amount of money for your tourney. Always make sure you have enough ToriCredits to host a tourney. Also, never host a tourney with prizes like 2k for the first place winner and 2nd Place for the second place winner.

A decent amount of prize money is 7,000/3,000

NOTE: 7k/3k is an example. When you host your tourney you may have like 10k/5k or 8k/4k. 7k/3k is a minimum prize money.

*FIFTH STEP:

Make a server 20min. before you actually start the tourney. Set the description of your tourney into "Tourney Soon" or "Tourney in 20min". This will alert last minute participants to join your tourney. You may also open another TB window and go to black belt server and advertise there.

Suggested time to host a tourney w/o using a PT bot is to check how many people are playing in TB atm. The suggested amount of people is 300-350people. Also, invite high-profiled players to make the recruiting faster.

You may get the information about the amount of people playing in the top right of the forums.

Ignore the date.... I forgot to set the date so it automatically set itself to 1/2/2006. >.<

SIXTH STEP:

When you get enough participants(25-32), you should mute them ALL using your bot. You welcome them to your tourney and say the what mod it is, the prizes, and the rules.

E.G.

Welcome to Aspire's TK Tourney
Prizes are 10k/5k
Rules are
NO Spamming,trading,recruiting,links,colors, etc.
NOTE: This is only an example. In your tourney, you may add or take out some of the rules.

SEVENTH STEP:

Once the tourney is finish, you IMMEDIATELY send the prizes to the winners. If you don't send the prizes, the winners and/or participants will report you and you will get an infraction and/or ban.

*optional: You can start a tourney even if it is 5min. before you make the actual tourney. The Fifth Step is for people who does not want to pay 5-6k to the Promo Team members and use the PromoBot.

Extra Details:
-Once you unmute all, type /knockout or /ko to start the tourney.

This Tuturial will be updated for typos, wrong information, missing information. Don't blame me if this tutorial sucks, this is the first time I made a tutorial. Also, PLEASE RATE THIS TUTORIAL. THANKS.

Here is a more DIRECT tutorial. Clicky this. This is by Couzo.

I lack pictures so if you get these screenshots, you will get 5k.

Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
screenshot when you mute all and say the rules.

screenshot it when you active KO mode.

screenshot it when you give the prizes to the winners.

Last edited by Numb; May 1, 2009 at 01:50 PM.
Good tutorial. You don't have to download the bot though. You can just ask a PT member who has the mute all script (like I've done before) to assist, but it's easier with the bot.
I am adding information now. I missed some.

@2bash: Thanks. It is easier to get a bot. Just incase of an emergency. Can you also rate it? from 1-10?
Last edited by Numb; May 1, 2009 at 01:08 PM.
Sure. Umm.. 8/10. Could do with some images, and a review of what has been said if you know what I mean.

1. Create Server.
2. Get participants. Promobot/Manually.
3. Mute all. Announce tournament. Unmute. Activate knockout.
4. Maintain Tournament.
5. Send prizes.

Something like that you know?
Originally Posted by 2Bash View Post
Sure. Umm.. 8/10. Could do with some images, and a review of what has been said if you know what I mean.

1. Create Server.
2. Get participants. Promobot/Manually.
3. Mute all. Announce tournament. Unmute. Activate knockout.
4. Maintain Tournament.
5. Send prizes.

Something like that you know?

Yeah. I am getting pics now... xD

I'll have to host another tourney though to get the pics...

Trying to get the pics.. If someone can give me pictures that would be appriciated.

Also, Thanks Syncr0
Last edited by Numb; May 1, 2009 at 01:47 PM.
We could do one together, I'm sure. Bashpire tourney. lol. I'll try get some pictures for you anyway.
Originally Posted by 2Bash View Post
We could do one together, I'm sure. Bashpire tourney. lol. I'll try get some pictures for you anyway.

okay screen shot when you mute all and say the rules.

screenshot it when you active KO mode.

screenshot it when you give the prizes to the winners.