Toribash
i am actively working on the clan name. i think about it solidly for like, six minutes a day.

re: discord convo. re: clan name change

i had a conversation with awelotta about the archetypes-as-fitting-common-themes thing. we went through archetypes. none of us all fit into a common one. what can you do, being different people.

some people do seem to be super similar archetypically but i have yet to meet my twin. (i think i saw someone like that on tumblr ages ago though. my twin. heheh)

yes i'm using archetype like "personality". but no, not the same. eh.

i'm almost down with the other idea we had.

the idea is to have an art related phrase (length of a writing prompt) that is "not normie". graffiti related being the idea/ideal.

super edgy.

"paint trickling down the space needle" (ptdtsn)

edit: i liked madoka magica mostly. don't remember what I thought about it elsewise. it was ages ago.

edit: theres a thing my insomniac brain wants to discuss ingame with you guys. it wants to discuss it like right now. uh, see you guys tomorrowish or later i guess.
Last edited by absaglute; Nov 18, 2019 at 03:04 AM.
shitposting names/phrases aimlessly at 3 AM to unearth whatever my subconscious has got going on:

"GIVE UP" <-- a "trying to spur the defiance in others" themed name/phrase. or is it???

"Sorry About the Future, Everybody! [SAFE]" <-- an "oh well" theme. also an incredibly caustic jab at my own self-focus and presence-focus. also something else, depending how you read it. kind of just a dry observation or a reflection.

"The Real Graffiti Was the Friends We Made Along the Way" [TRGWFWMAW] <-- ??????

"Graffiti For Normies" [GFN] <-- ?????????????

"Fishes Are Delicious: A Pescatarian Tells All" [FADAPTA] <-- incredibly pronounceable acronym

"Deep Undercover Normie Gang" [DUNG] <-- ....................................

"Save the Normie" [SN] <----=========|||||||||||||||||||||||||aaaaaaaa

this is my 69th post on this foru ok that's enough from my 3 am subconscious
Last edited by Brackass; Nov 18, 2019 at 10:27 AM.
heads up, i'm going to take a month long hiatus.

and when i get back, we can talk about life and saving the world and archetypes and nice stuff. seventy years from now, i'll tell you guys the same things. you guys can visit me in my tiny apartment before I die and they have to peel me off the shitty carpet, three months after the fact.

it was nice to exist somewhere for a while.

I'll be online today. if you guys wanna talk I'll be in toribash for a little bit sometime today, meandering.
Last edited by absaglute; Nov 18, 2019 at 10:50 AM.
ok, stay frosty

and stay crunchy

so stay like slightly-melting snow, yeah. perfect. totally what i mean.

we should collectively manage to invent a middle ground between Full Blast High Intensity Talking and No Talking At All, sometime. idk how.
while i'm here, do you want to talk about the origin of evil at all.

i think it has something to do with lies and blame. like the power to do stuff combined with blaming other people for the things you did while in power. eg. lying and blaming other people for falling for it; hurting people and then blaming them for feeling hurt. the essence of evil being that the more hurt other people feel, the more they deserve to be hurt because they're at fault for feeling hurt (blaming the person who hurt them)

this serial killer documentary has got me really razzled

i used to think based on the "no real person is the sum of their flaws" thing that serial killers and stuff were therefor "not being themselves". but now i think people might just be inherently bad to a point. so instead of being "well that's forgivable. they're not really evil" i basically lump rapists, thieves and liars-for-profit-or-power in the same group. because they all have the quality of blaming others for the inadequacies of other people that they take advantage of. if they get away with it, it's therefor okay to do etc.

i'm not sure if there's a middleground.

the exception is if, after the big reveal, everyone admits else feels like it was a good idea. that it was justifiable. that rather than being stealing because-they-deserve-it, it becomes an understanding. lying to tell a complicated truth. most often just lying to liars, stealing from thieves. it becomes a way of dealing with people who do those things accidentally, and on purpose. it self regulates. it's not like fighting fire with fire but the analogy is relatable.

i used to think the origin was ignorance. i think now it's just people, and not being ignorant is good but not necessarily what makes a person a person.
Last edited by absaglute; Nov 18, 2019 at 11:44 AM.
edit: for context, this reply was written before you edited your own thoughts into that previous post

aside:

while i'm here

idk if i consider "evil" that useful of a term, but for the sake of the discussion i'll picture some imaginary-but-realistic "evil" (but not just a psychopath) person, and ask myself "why's he like that?"

answers include:
- world view (e.g. unquestioning loyalty to something he should really be questioning, causing him to suppress his feelings that would question it)
- mental inclinations (lower empathy, or higher inclination to "following" or giving in to social pressure, in the above implied example)

... hm. if pressed for time and forced to spit out an answer, at the moment i'd probably proclaim that "evil" is caused by "the contagiousness of destructive worldviews and unbalanced minds" and "the non-contagiousness of constructive worldviews and balanced minds".

....or: it's because people are really "flawed." in, like, a whole lot of ways. they're not consistent. they're not really capable of "thinking through" things, so they (including me) are not actually rational, but they persistently believe themselves to be, and the fucking-up goes on from there.

or: it's because people's brains fundamentally can't handle the concept of everyone being in a big community together (not to mention we can't cognitively handle the logistics of it), so people can only manage to really care about the people close to them, and "evil" is permissible to the people outside of that circle, when push comes to shove. And push does come to shove. People have to choose who they'll prioritize. They have neither infinite time nor infinite resources, nor do we have the kind of combined will/agreement that would allow us to harness everyone's time/resources to fix everything. disadvantages of not being an ant colony.

i tend to figure that the situation of the world is way, way out of anyone's real grasp or comprehension (partly because of just the immense scale of the population), so i see it less in terms of evil and more in terms of just flat, impartial chaos. anyone who manages to make sense of it enough to make something really nice happen for some decent amount of people is a huge success.

that's what my brain farts out on this topic at 5 am without sleep

edit:
> serial killers and stuff
I mean, psychopaths are a separate topic. They're "aliens." They're uhh Kyubey from Madoka Magica. They're a predatory species. They're in a way different reality.

And people with such a warped view as to be "near-psychopaths" are similar, to me. although everyone's also fundamentally a bit alien to each other...
Last edited by Brackass; Nov 18, 2019 at 11:57 AM.
does that mean if push comes to shove, when the sun starts to fizzle out we'll all start fucking eachother over? i think that'll happen.

it's probably important that we learn to die peacefully before then. otherwise there will be a special kind of hell at the end of the world for anyone who's lucky enough to be born then.

i think the, if i don't know you then you're not a person thing is also a blame thing. like, it's your fault you're not a person, therefor i can do whatever i want to you. objectification of feelings, bodies. people.

continuing the psychopath idea.

i put most of the whole, people getting it wrong stuff under an umbrella...

there's probably a secret not-middle-ground where people who mark their initials on people's livers while doing surgery, where any real physical harm would be probably a chance thing/butterfly effect sort of thing, yet without consent or anything. i think there's some kinda trick to that relationship where the harm is not superficial but not visible. i have an idea about this.

@brackass/bntt/fluffs i'm online for now.

official room pass is "90" until otherwise posted

i don't know if i'll be making an appearance at two weeks here to check on how things are going.

ttyl guys
Last edited by absaglute; Nov 18, 2019 at 09:52 PM.
Originally Posted by absaglute View Post
@brackass/bntt/fluffs i'm online for now.

official room pass is "90" until otherwise posted

i was Extremely Asleep at the time
Originally Posted by absaglute View Post
i don't know if i'll be making an appearance at two weeks here to check on how things are going.

you do you
Hello friends, I am a digital artist acquainted with Fluffykat and Absaglute. Pleased to meet you all. Here's a couple pieces I did, fairly old now but I'm getting back into the swing of things.

Last edited by Puffbunny; Jan 28, 2020 at 10:14 AM. Reason: broken links
HEy