people playing: 110, servers online: 42, games played: 135,478,702 Top Player: Shmevin

Toribash Community » General » Rapid Threads
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Closed Thread

Old Jun 24, 2010   #1
marcus

5th Dan Black Belt
Clan: spirit

[Read Me] When Posting Questions (USE GOOGLE BEFORE POSTING A NEW THREAD)
It seems as though some people are having a bit of trouble understanding where to post their questions. Let me explain.

Rapid Threads is for all topics (yet still not suitable for wibbles iq, mind you). That is, quick suitable questions that may flash your mind (this includes, for example, "Who is the best texture maker?").

However, you may get better results by posting the question in the Beginner's Sanctuary, support boards, or market squad. A short explanation has been provided below for those specific boards. If a thread is clearly unsuited for rapid threads, due to being long without a clear answer and requiring a clear answer, we will move it to a more appropriate board.

Beginner's Sanctuary: This is here to solve problems you might be experiencing in game play, or any general questions you have regarding Toribash or the forums.
For example questions like "How to get an image in my signature?" belong in Beginner's Sanctuary not Rapid Threads.

Support Board: This is here to directly deal with problems, bugs in how Toribash runs (client problems). Don't confuse this with Beginner's Sanctuary.

Market Squad: Deals with the market. (market rules, market bans, complaints, and scam reports).

Also, lets try not to neglect Computer/Mobile Chat for unrelated hardware questions.

When making a thread, the title should reflect upon the question you want answered. No more 'help', 'i have a question', or '?' titled threads. The title will be edited and the thread maker warned.

Before posting your thread you should always search it to see if someone has asked it before you. If you don't have a bought subscription and thus, cannot use the search tools in the forum, then there is this wonderful alternative called google (It's free too!).

Some more useful links:
FAQ Board
Most of the questions and problems are covered by this board.

Toribash Color Codes
Includes all the color codes for all toribash item colors.

Ban list
Look for the "community" option. Click it and then the ban list form the drop down list.

Dead clans
Including it here because dead clans is not directly accessible without the link.

Tutorial Index
Use tutorial index if you are searching for a tutorial or if you have a question. If you still can't find the tutorial you are looking for, ask in rapid threads.

Getting Started Guide
If you are new here, please have a look at the guide before posting a question because most of the general questions are answered in that guide. E.g., order of belts and forum ranking systems etc.

Suggestions & Ideas
Use the suggestions & ideas board to suggest new ideas for Toribash (hence "Suggestions & Ideas").

Old UniBash
For the sake of history. UniBash was a place for new members to learn more skills in the game, and they also had a few achievements only achieved by completing certain tests through them. Achievements are as follows: Ingame Graduation; Video Graduation; Art Graduation; Clan Graduation; Market Graduation; Modding Graduation; Lua Graduation.
[spirit]

Last edited by Solax; Sep 16, 2015 at 01:55 AM.. Reason: Added 2 more links to unabashed section
Old Mar 27, 2012   #2
…Solax

2nd Dan Black Belt
Clan: NO

Useful links and stuff provided/compiled by Akmal.
Old May 28, 2013   #3
box
?crazykid700=flashglass

Cardboard Belt
Clan: I am

Originally Posted by box View Post
New guideline added: When making a thread, the title should reflect upon the question you want answered. No more 'help', 'i have a question', or '?' titled threads. The title will be edited and the thread maker warned.

Re-iterating this rule.

Additionally, try not to put half of the question in the title and the other half in the post.

Do not be afraid to have an entire question as the title. Try to provide a few more details in the post, though we realize that some questions are pretty straight-forward. A general topic as the title is okay as well. In short, the title should give us an idea of what you need help with - we do not have time to read every thread if we do not have an answer for it.

Here are some examples of well-titled threads.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Old Aug 30, 2014   #4
Rai
denim

THIGGIST

denim!

first Belt
Clan: NO

New guideline added: When making a thread, the title should reflect upon the question you want answered. No more 'help', 'i have a question', or '?' titled threads. The title will be edited and the thread maker warned.

Re-iterating this rule.

Additionally, try not to put half of the question in the title and the other half in the post.

Do not be afraid to have an entire question as the title. Try to provide a few more details in the post, though we realize that some questions are pretty straight-forward. A general topic as the title is okay as well. In short, the title should give us an idea of what you need help with - we do not have time to read every thread if we do not have an answer for it.

Here are some examples of well-titled threads.

re-re-iterating this. i've been noticing a lot of thread titles that solely consist of 'HELP PLZ' and the likes. non-descriptive titles are incredibly unhelpful for both us and you. not only does it help keep the board uncluttered, people skimming through the forum will notice your question and be able to help you. if these kinds of thread titles continue you will be warned/infracted
cujo
Closed Thread