Ranking
Original Post
Karbn's single player replay thread
Hey, welcome to my replay thread. I don't post here often because I'm a lazy perfectionist, but I promise you'll enjoy some of the stuff you see.

Please go to the last page for my recent stuff. this was the beginning of my parkour journey, and i guarantee you'll like my latest stuff more!
Attached Files
parkour_mirrors_edge.tbm (27.0 KB, 59 views)
Last edited by Karbn; Jul 8, 2018 at 03:11 PM.
hi i'm karbn and i eat ass; love the market overlord
well,
all i can really say is that u should try to work on a
run where ur legs are always the same (don't touch ur glutes)
when ur on flat land anyways
running up steps is fine obviously
but it makes the run look wonky on flatland
my cnc would be to try running long times before doing this pk
and balancing out the rotation of ur pecs/arms
with the balance of the steps and getting the feel for it.

Cant wait to see the completed version tho,
With some tricking involved
if ur styling it after me xD
Originally Posted by Karbn View Post
hello there! this is my sp replay thread. i won't post here as often, because i'm too lazy to continuously go back and edit my replays, excpet for a rare occasion, such as this one!

here is a wip of a mirror's edge parkour. styled after shikkumo's replay of it, i look for flow and realism while trying to keep my momentum.

I haven't seen the replay yet because I'm on mobile but here are some tips: If you find yourself in a complicated spot where you can't turn you can always trick or do what I did on my Matarika Rooftops parkour replay and somehow turn yourself freaking 180 degrees....even I don't know how I did that.

If you're going for flow and realism then you should relax a lot. Don't use the knee jumps, unless you have to. If you use a knee jump and don't make it (I found this out recently), just hold your hips when a certain angle of your hips to the floor is reached, then knee jump and you should jump farther.

This is a mirrors edge mod! Of course it's going to be long, so practice running long distances or running after jumping/rolling.

Try not to use your ankles when running if the ghost shows the toes touches the ground but the rest of the foot raises up. It isn't that fluid if you run like that in Toribash. Even if you must, at least try to find a way to run without extending it when the ghost shows said movements.

Try not to use chest too much, and if you do, spin it back to normal. Your chest awkwardly makes your Tori always look to one side and messes up your pecs. If you use it, be prepared to fix it.

Finally, don't have your body parts glitch through eachother. It can mess up a realistic replay pretty fast.

That is all.
Last edited by Shikka; Mar 5, 2017 at 03:06 PM.
Insert Signature Here
Thanks for the CNC shikkumo! I'll look to work on that in the next wip.

And shikka, perhaps you should look at the replay before you CNC my man XD
literally just started this and edited the jump up. spent like 15 minutes on it, enjoy this shit
Attached Files
[p] hoaxfun v2.rpl (228.9 KB, 36 views)
Hoax_ClimbingFun.tbm (10.9 KB, 26 views)
starting a parkour on raid_challenge. enjoy the 10 seconds of replay, it's a challenging map to do realistically :P i'm modeling the replay after Swexx's famous replay on this map. ignore the last 100-300 frames, it's scrap. cnc me up!
Attached Files
[raid v35].rpl (611.9 KB, 44 views)
The run could use some fine-tuning. The transition and jump was perfect aswell as the follow-up with that wallrun. Nice little spin, can't wait to see what the finished replay will look like.
thanks for the cnc hypersaint! it's appreciated

enjoy this parkour on vassel's new mod i threw together in 30 minutes
Attached Files
[p] vassel pk v1.rpl (429.5 KB, 21 views)
vassel_parkour_race.tbm (6.8 KB, 16 views)
new WIP of the raid challenge. cnc?
Attached Files
[raid v41].rpl (758.7 KB, 19 views)
[raid v41-2].rpl (758.1 KB, 22 views)