Toribash
Original Post
Clan Posts
either I've not looked far enough, or nobody has bothered with suggesting this.

My suggestion is simple, make posts in clan boards count towards your total post count, which is shown on your profile.

Reasons:

- Posts count in organization threads and forums
> Organizations are practically clans, I see no reason for posts to count in one over the other, when the two have the same rule regarding post quality
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
2. Regardless of the quality, posts are expected to at least provide some meaningful contribution. While moderation of useless posts in this board is much less strict than others, your thread is designed to be a discussion place for your clan. Using it for mindless spam is not allowed.

Originally Posted by Uric View Post
7. Regardless of the quality, posts are expected to at least provide some meaningful contribution, as your thread exists to provide your org with a medium for discussion. It is not acceptable to use your thread for nothing but smiley spam, for example.

- Posts count in wibbles
> Really?
(not really a strong point as I imagine posts will no longer count in wibbles after a higher up sees this, crossed out)

- Many clans require semi-decent forum activity
> If someone has posted solely in clan boards for the entirety of their time playing TB, their posts will not reflect their activity. I personally look at an applicants activity when they apply for my clan. If their total posts is like 5, and I don't have VIP to check their past posts, I'll likely deny them for not being active enough.
(weaker point as brought up by Nike, crossed out)

- Your post count isn't your true post count
> This is similar to the one above. My post count is 2,600~ish, despite me having hundreds of posts in clan boards. The only boards that posts shouldn't count in are the ones that not everyone has access to, like wibbles and Forum VIP.

- Market posts count towards your total posts
> As of right now, the majority of people with a massive amount of posts were at one point marketers. Why should posts that are typically very short, like counters or offers on a thread count, but posts that usually contribute to some form of discussion not, solely because there could be shitposts in a clan board.

- No incentive to post
> People like numbers. I admit, I'm one of them. People love it when there post count goes up after a post. This isn't everyone, but a lot of people feel this way. When you're posting in your clan board, and your posts aren't going up, you're less likely to post there. As Surge said, this could definitely increase clan forum activity.
(weaker point as pointed out by Erth, crossed out)

If more points are brought up I'll try to edit them into the thread.
Last edited by Jaxon; Feb 11, 2018 at 05:17 AM. Reason: forum activity reason crossed out ; wibbles reason crossed out
Originally Posted by azzeffir23 View Post
Yeah no, the official clans are spamming even more than any other clan. Take a look at any official clan and tell me if there's any quality content being talked about.

I crossed out the wibbles point in the main post, however, as of right now, it still applies. You understand that wibbles is a free pass to shitpost your post count upwards right? Considering this is still happening, it's clear that the staff running the site don't care all that much.

Even if wibble post count was removed as a result of my complaints, my main points still apply: There is no use in a post count statistic that does not at the very least reflect your total visible posts. At the moment, all its used for is to stroke your own ego, it should at least be accurate.

Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
It's a matter of what you take as quality

Exactly the truth. If you think posting memes is a form of spam, then clearly you and I have a different definition of the word. Spam, in my eyes, is repetitive. Shorter posts or memes, at least in my eyes, is not spam.

Posting

Originally Posted by bigmemer
lol

Originally Posted by smolmemer
lol

Originally Posted by bigmemer
lol

Originally Posted by smolmemer
lol

is spam.
I'm just gamin' man
Enabled post counting for new posts made in whole Clans section.
Don't mess up!
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Enabled post counting for new posts made in whole Clans section.
Don't mess up!

any reason not to retroactively count all the posts made already?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Dropped by to ask the same thing. Don't my clan posts before now count. It would be cool if they did...i have many.

But yeah, marjet posts shouldent count...i think i have thousands with ''offer''
Or make clan posts retroactively count
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
any reason not to retroactively count all the posts made already?

Requires running a full check on all users for all boards. So yeah, won't happen.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Requires running a full check on all users for all boards. So yeah, won't happen.

Makes sense, thanks sir.

Closing thread.
I'm just gamin' man
Small update: was told by CS that posts in official clans' boards still didn't count, so had to fix that. Please PM me if new posts made in your board still don't increase your postcount.