Ranking
Original Post
[VID] Awakening

I debated whether or not to make a thread about this because it's so short, but I'll post it here anyway because to me there's enough there to write cnc about. I mainly just need as much advice as I can get on editing fps games.

Song: CHVRN: Awakening

Programs: After Effects cs6

EXTRA FIRE

Last edited by Glimpsed; Aug 6, 2016 at 10:35 PM.
Glimpsed
Did you record the clips and cinematics? Or are you using pre recs? the movement before the first clip was unintersting, its not too hard to get clips on moving bots because still bots ruin the clip completely
the edit would have been solid with some sort of death cinematic, the flow was great up until that intro

pixel sorter is played out now imo
Originally Posted by Slycooper View Post
Did you record the clips and cinematics? Or are you using pre recs?

I'm using pre recs, unfortunately I don't own call of duty or csgo or anything so I can't really record my own clips right now. Nihuon recorded these, but I think I just picked a bad one to start with. It's more of a "me" problem.

pixel sorter is played out now imo

Oh, I didn't know. I've only really seen it in a few edits, but I'll use it more sparingly in the future, thanks.

Also, about the intro, it's my first ever intro and I really didn't know what the hell I was doing or how to make it look better, I would really appreciate it if you could give a few pointers on how to refine it so I can make a better one for my team.
Glimpsed
Originally Posted by Glimpsed View Post
Also, about the intro, it's my first ever intro and I really didn't know what the hell I was doing or how to make it look better, I would really appreciate it if you could give a few pointers on how to refine it so I can make a better one for my team.

for starters it only appears on the screen for like 0.3 seconds so i can't tell what it is or what its about. looks like a fish but idk the team name or what the general mood/look the team is going for. it comes in at the same speed and leaves at the same speed. give the members options to use it on multiple backgrounds (transparency) instead of a solid black background. that way they could put it on top of a clip or something else
for starters it only appears on the screen for like 0.3 seconds so i can't tell what it is or what its about. looks like a fish but idk the team name or what the general mood/look the team is going for. it comes in at the same speed and leaves at the same speed. give the members options to use it on multiple backgrounds (transparency) instead of a solid black background. that way they could put it on top of a clip or something else

Well we can use Screen / overlay <- was a little off topic but here is my cnc

The pixel sorter was a little annoying to watch Imo
I pretty much liked the whole thing (Also the running intro wasn't that interesting) sync was epic same goes to the tree cinematic

i felt like this was 4 seconds long, and its shit too. If i were you dont make too much flashing, it ruins the video.
If I were you make the kill slomo and right after it gets the headshot put it on normal speed. But still this needs alot more editing than it needs to.
( ^ω^)RIP TGS 2013 - 2019( ^ω^)
Flame Forger
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
But still this needs alot more editing than it needs to.

Could you please rephrase this sentence, or at least explain what you mean in English?
Glimpsed
@ares
its not a gameplay video its a fucking edit
if the video was literally some slowmo before a kill it'd be shit lol

i feel like the velo on the tree cinematic could have been nicer
that being said the cine right after the pistol frag was really well done velo wise

dont transition so fast after a frag too, on both clips u transitioned to something else straight as the dude died in the clip instead of a short while afterwards and imo the latter is nicer, even tho its situational
baha