ES Recruitment Drive
Price range : Around £30, can be a bit more i guess
Genre : Screamo metal style, or rave drum and bass.
They will be mainly used for school/trips out.
What you will be connecting it to : Laptop, or my walkman (Old sony 20Gb one)
What you will use it for : Music
Other importanat factors : Must be Buds, either rubber ended, or in ear. would like them to be quite bass-y, and to have a strong wire if possible, most of my headphones break due to wire breakage, as they are in and out of my pockets all day.
My current headphones used for casual use are the TurtleBeach x1's, when im not gaming. If i could get some buds that sounded like that, it would be great, though i know the chances are thin.
Originally Posted by Bilza View Post
Price range : Around £30, can be a bit more i guess
Genre : Screamo metal style, or rave drum and bass.
They will be mainly used for school/trips out.
What you will be connecting it to : Laptop, or my walkman (Old sony 20Gb one)
What you will use it for : Music
Other importanat factors : Must be Buds, either rubber ended, or in ear. would like them to be quite bass-y, and to have a strong wire if possible, most of my headphones break due to wire breakage, as they are in and out of my pockets all day.
My current headphones used for casual use are the TurtleBeach x1's, when im not gaming. If i could get some buds that sounded like that, it would be great, though i know the chances are thin.

Durability and canalphones does not go together. You have to take care of them or they will break.

It's really hard to shop for the UK, because I do not live in the UK and you have import charges and customs fees for electronics.

http://www.head-direct.com/products.php?m=6

These are $46 GBP + shipping + import tax

These sound much better than the turtle-beaches IMVHO.

--

If you are worried about things breaking and want something bassy, I strongly suggest looking at the Koss PortaPro (its about 17 GBP on amazon.co.uk). It's over the head, but it comes with a lifetime warranty from Koss.

If you want to avoid customs charges etc (No idea what they are for the UK), you should buy within the UK unless you really want the Vsonics.
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
I'd probably go for canalphones, but ES7 and SQ5 are good options.

You can currently get ES7s for $59 from J&R music world (http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica...9458868&sr=8-1)

How about these?
http://www.jr.com/audio-technica/pe/AT_ATHFC700AWH/
Back from le-dead
Never heard of them.

The local guy has some coloured ones that look sorta similar with changeable coloured discs, and he doesnt think theyre as good as the other two IIRC.
How much do Canalphones go for, And when can I get the best deal on them?
Back from le-dead
i wanna buy some headphones but i dont have alot of money :/ but they should still be good quality.
i have around 25$, any suggestions?
Check out my Youtube!
Originally Posted by olik7891 View Post
i wanna buy some headphones but i dont have alot of money :/ but they should still be good quality.
i have around 25$, any suggestions?

a koss KSC75 probably has the best sound quality for that price

Originally Posted by Dez View Post
How much do Canalphones go for, And when can I get the best deal on them?

www.head-direct.com pretty much always has great deals on canalphones; RE0, Vsonic R02Pro2, soundmagic PL50 are great ones.
Originally Posted by olik7891 View Post
they look uncomfortable :/

Considering they dont put any pressure on your head, they're pretty confortable.

Sennheiser HD201 then. I think the ksc75 is both more comfortable and better value for money