Ranking
Original Post
Mod Importing
So, I suck at using the mod maker for Toribash. The interface is unpleasing
and you cant texture nor fine tune without the price of an arm and a leg.
For me, I know how to use c4d, blender, and Maya. All of these great for
3d modeling. What I suggest is we be able to make mods in programs such as
c4d, blender, and Maya, and be able to import these into the game. This would
bring in a much larger crowd to the mod making community.
Please list your thoughts and concerns. I am all open ears.
One major concern is obviously polygon count, 3D modelling programs tend to use a bunch more polygons to create more complex shapes than the current mod maker.

Also afaik the mod maker is getting an overhaul in Toribash NEXT

Yeah, it is getting an overhaul and I do understand the concern with polygon counts.
But I do think that at least in toribash NEXT since it is being a whole new re-invention,
maybe it could be in toribash next.
Polygon Count is already addressed with creating 3D Items, which Item Forgers do Outside of Toribash. Likewise, creating objects and then importing them into Toribash is already an achievable feat. However the difficulty comes from importing them into the Modmaker, so your availability to modify the Toris themselves stays constant. Else, mods created outside of TB would be limited purely to objects and none else. Unless objects can be directly ported in and out of the Modmaker for consistency's sake, this feature likely won't get implemented. For Toribash at least, I don't think we'll see Feature updates until TB Next, especially not updates for the dated Modmaker.

Nevertheless I agree that this feature would be super useful for mod creation. I would be able to goof around with Blender/3DSMax and create something cool, whereas with the Modmaker I'm limited.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
The issue's actually collisions, TBs physics engine would grind to a halt calculating collisions for "complex" meshes.

You'll have to wait and see if TB Next is up to the job.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you