Ranking
Original Post
Use Custom 3D models during mod making
-- You could add a 2v2 Match mode and a 2v2 Tournament mode which for me and my friends would be really cool.
-- You could add the ability to import 3d models whilst making a mod
-- You could add importing 3d models on our Toris up to polygon limit. (Anywhere on our body)

Kore Moderated Message:
The crossed out ones already exist/break the rules of the board, I cleaned up replys and the user has been warned
Last edited by Kore; Apr 26, 2017 at 05:59 PM.
"Life's full of colours,and you're a unique one,so don't give up" ClauIsTehShet, 2017
What do you mean by import in 3D models? There is a thing to make 3D items. So do you mean to import them from having been made somewhere else?
That is indeed what "import" means.

Currently the mod maker is fairly restrictive with its shapes which understandable, but I think adding 3D objects will add too much lag

I know what import means, but import them from what? Also, the issue with importing them, how would you import them? You don't offer any idea here, you are just asking them to do something without offering a way do it. Obviously, they would find and know a way to do this, but that's not the point of this forums. I think it would be nice to have nicer 3D items, but there is already a way to make items for the game. You just have to know how to manipulate it. If you want more options on how to make 3D items you could offer that up as an idea, and it would probably be easier to do that. Just edit the current system they have.
Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
I know what import means, but import them from what? Also, the issue with importing them, how would you import them? You don't offer any idea here, you are just asking them to do something without offering a way do it. Obviously, they would find and know a way to do this, but that's not the point of this forums. I think it would be nice to have nicer 3D items, but there is already a way to make items for the game. You just have to know how to manipulate it. If you want more options on how to make 3D items you could offer that up as an idea, and it would probably be easier to do that. Just edit the current system they have.

WEll my dude, I'll hand over lmod to you now, because clearly this board is made for having fully constructed ideas ready to be implemented.

Originally Posted by sir View Post
You can have custom mod models attached to regular shapes.

I think he wants to be able to import custom .obj models and then save them for use in a toribash mod.

Its a cool concept but I dont think the current mod maker would be able to use the functionality

I think he wants to be able to import custom .obj models and then save them for use in a toribash mod.

That's what I said, yes. It's possible. It's just that the obj model would still use a collision box of a regular shape it's attached to.
Dudes, objets are only polygons, toribash can be played offline, and some ppl want to can import big files to create stuff.

Idk why i cant import .obj files in modding, when there are an option to do it. What joke is this? Where is the folder where must be the objs?
Originally Posted by sir View Post
That's what I said, yes. It's possible. It's just that the obj model would still use a collision box of a regular shape it's attached to.

I don't think I've ever even seen this before. How is it done?

This could be very useful, even if they have basic collision boxes.
shit
it was implemented late 2016 or early 2017 or smth

dunno how well it works with modmakers weirdness, but as long as the .obj is in the mod_assets folder, you can use it with any object. you can see my modmaker documentation for more info

otherwise, you can simply edit the model lines under the object in any text editor.