Ranking
Original Post
Hearthstone - Heroes of Warcraft
soo after i was totally sure we had a hearthstone thread but it disappeared, and jelly cant find it either i just make (a new) one.

so most u probably already know it, but whatever.
hearthstone is a new game made by blizzard(yep blizzard, warcraft an stuff) its based on a card game, where u make your deck, with a hero and fight in the arena against real people.

to say it in the words from the FAQ:
Hearthstone is a free-to-play digital strategy card game that anyone can enjoy. Players choose one of nine epic Warcraft® heroes to play as, and then take turns playing cards from their customizable decks to cast potent spells, use heroic weapons or abilities, or summon powerful characters to crush their opponent.

for people who want to read a bit more about it:
http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/faq/

sound awesome heh? yea it kinda is. actually since its closed beta it is technically hard to get a betakey for it, well i singed up for the beta like 3-4months ago and just got my beta key 2 days ago. but there are lots of giveaways in the internet to get key's lots of people at twitch.tv give them away, you can also get them at the offical hearthstone forums some people are that nice and just give theirs away because they already got one or so.
and from what i heard u can also get them via. facebook from the blizzard page (cannot confirm, i dont use facebook.)

btw. yes it is NOT P2p after the beta, also it is not P2w, u can play on the highest rankings in the ladder without paying a cent for it.

the american beta is already longer up than the european one (europe is up since 4 months i think, or less i know that i signed up for it before it was released.)
http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/ (requires battle.net account.)
american one is not the same server so u would have to play with a high latency if u get an european key. dunno if u can use an european key in US or if u can change the server in the client tho or anything.
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/

ill first can download the game sunday, sadly. does anyone else got a key and plays on EU maybe? i'd like to have some people to talk to and get some advice from. may even to play a round with tho. (u can also give me advice here what i should do in the beginning, didnt played the game yet just saw a bit at streams etc. so i dont know much. just excited that i got my key finally)

if i get another key sure i will give it away here.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
btw. yes it is NOT P2p after the beta, also it is not P2w, u can play on the highest rankings in the ladder without paying a cent for it.

Yes, just like unlocking the best cards available in the game (as some are clearly better than others as reviewed even by some of the guys working on the game) will take you more than "just a few months" if you read up on how fast you are "able" to gain the material to "craft" your cards.

Not P2W, just like MTGO? You sure?
Last edited by Smogard49; Nov 27, 2013 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Sarcasm intended when comparing to the "non"-p2w mtgo...
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
Not P2W, just like MTGO? You sure?

well u can get all cards without paying money for it, the chance is probably just lower to get certain cards u want or something (as i said, i didnt played the game yet, but thats what i did read)
and that people which pay real money dont have any huge advantages on a player which didnt.

u can play the game without paying for it, and even on a high ranking. you may just need some luck with the boosters u buy/get from the money u earn by playing. so i dont really know what u mean.

Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
http://blacklotusproject.com/charts/valuable/?

Lets trade our way to the top shall we?
Of course the game is "pay2win", like every other Trading/Collectible card game ever. There's no point to argue about it, really.

Game is pretty streamlined and really feels like it (if you have background from MTG or such).

There isn't any trading, so you're limited to buying cards from ingame store.

There's no ingame chat, and you're limited to communicate via 6 pre determined messages which is pretty meh imo, but some might like it.

I'd give it ~7/10, if compared to other dTGS/dCCGs I've played. But's cu'z it's Blizzards' it'll be a huge hit.

Smog:
Btw, Black Lotuses aren't even tourney legal, right? I'm not that familiar with quirks of MTG rules, but.. :P
Last edited by Dargon; Nov 28, 2013 at 04:07 PM.
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.
Originally Posted by Dargon View Post
Of course the game is "pay2win", like every other Trading/Collectible card game ever. There's no point to argue about it, really.

Game is pretty streamlined and really feels like it (if you have background from MTG or such).

There isn't any trading, so you're limited to buying cards from ingame store.

There's no ingame chat, and you're limited to communicate via 6 pre determined messages which is pretty meh imo, but some might like it.

I'd give it ~7/10, if compared to other dTGS/dCCGs I've played. But's cu'z it's Blizzards' it'll be a huge hit.

Smog:
Btw, Black Lotuses aren't even tourney legal, right? I'm not that familiar with quirks of MTG rules, but.. :P

Depends on the format you are playing. And yes, my mistake, I thought you could trade cards in hearthstone, but it seems like I just jumped to that conclusion because I believe not being able to trade cards were plain stupid...
soo ive got it now, played a bit its great so far. already got my hunter lvl 10. currently i want to get my rouge there tooo also im almost silver in ranked too.

so also i can tell now u cannot rlly buy content for real money which u cant get without it.
the only booster packs avaible are sold for 100 gold each (u get 10 gold for 3 wins and daily quests are rewardfull too.) u can buy greater amounts of packs for real money. but its not nessecary since u will only get more cards, but not better ones. (actually the chance is higher to have better cards as more u get, simple math.. but still..)

Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
Depends on the format you are playing. And yes, my mistake, I thought you could trade cards in hearthstone, but it seems like I just jumped to that conclusion because I believe not being able to trade cards were plain stupid...

Why? If people trade cards instead of buying them from you, you're losing money. Plain and simple.

Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
soo ive got it now, played a bit its great so far. already got my hunter lvl 10. currently i want to get my rouge there tooo also im almost silver in ranked too.

so also i can tell now u cannot rlly buy content for real money which u cant get without it.
the only booster packs avaible are sold for 100 gold each (u get 10 gold for 3 wins and daily quests are rewardfull too.) u can buy greater amounts of packs for real money. but its not nessecary since u will only get more cards, but not better ones. (actually the chance is higher to have better cards as more u get, simple math.. but still..)

I do hope you are kidding here.

If you do buy packets you DO get better cards. Maybe not from straight from the packs, but you can disenchant those cards to get whatever you want = you get better cards.

Yes. You can unlock all the cards without paying anything, but that will take time.
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.
Got the Beta, I like it.. I enjoy building and testing Decks just as much as actually playing which helps keep game-play fresh. There is a bunch of cards to chose from but no an overwhelming amount. I disagree with Dargon about the game being Pay to win, no card is better than any other card (ofc some exceptions like the Ooz and the Raptor) it's all about the synergy of your cards and about the luck of the draw. You could throw together a pretty good spellpower deck with just merely the default cards.

There are a lot of places that could be expanded on such as Trading the cards or maybe some more game modes. But everyone knows Blizzard loves their expansion packs.
right on