ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
making a tulpa
for those who don't know what a tulpa is, it's a forced hallucination of a being, entirely created by you, who shows sentience and is meant for companionship.

I've looked up some guides and I've kind of combined the information, this is how I'm gonna go about things.

i will narrate to it for at least 5 minutes an hour, and i emphasize "at least" because part of the day i just cant sit down and concentrate. i'll probably narrate for at least half an hour for certain parts of the day

spend at least 10+ hours working on physical appearance, using at least 5+ hours on touch and visual appearance, and the rest on things like smell

spend at least 15+ hours on the personality traits and talking to it

spend at least 3+ hours on body movement and facial expression

after repeating the process a few times until it develops sentience, I'll spend a few days worth visualizing and talking to it.

now, anyone here have a tulpa, could you give any tips?

traits:

Sense of humor
  • sometimes childish
  • dry often
  • often dirty jokes
  • consistent good timing
smart
  • not snooty
  • definitely not a supergenius
  • clever, witty
slightly wicked
  • not evil, but can be morbid or shallow at times
  • sarcastic
  • plays practical jokes, although seldom
musician
  • loves all kinds of music
  • plays the drums (why not?)
outgoing
  • loves to talk
  • likes people
realist
  • not overambitious
  • admits responsibility instead of making an excuse
  • slightly cynical view on life, but not in a depressing way

PROGRESS:
day one:
i've given it a placeholder name of Uric, it may change, may not.

i managed to visualize about 5 traits in 2 hours before my mind got exhausted and put me to sleep for a few hours. within a few minutes from starting i had been trembling, shit is intense.
no visual appearance has formed yet, so far i've been using horricide's meditation method, which seems to be working. no emotional response yet but then again i wasn't excepting one so early anyway

day 3: I didn't get much done. I'm now 7 hours into the process, I could finish after thehour and a half mark because my body just wouldn't let me. I repeated the personality trait process. still no emotional response. however, my tulpa has been letting itself form physically. since I am offering it near full control on how it looks, I may end up haating the appearance. however, I will not try to change it. so far, the small flashes I've seen go as follows: tall, white male. has near-black hair that's in dreads. when he's clothed, he usually wears a black jacket. might have a soul patch.

Last edited by SlyBash; Jun 9, 2012 at 05:13 AM.
Tulpa? like a candle golem sumthing like that?
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
Well, thought about gettin' one, tho I don't really have time :C
Gief me my personal horro :<
Good luck anyway, I may try if you succeed
retired
oh, and I'll be keepking a daily record. I'll start tomorrow, not today for personal reasons
Dafuq.

But seriously, seems interesting, but is one of those things people get ostracized and ridiculed for. So, inb4 trolls but tell us how it goes, the idea intrigues me.
Sounds like you're terribly schizophrenic. Either that, or you have an incredible need for companionship and have no friends.

What the hell slybash o.o
Ancient [Evil]
uh, tulpas can be made by anyone. I'm interested as to see how it turns out, and make a friend in the process.
There was a creepypasta about Tulpas.
It was easily one of the most disturbing things i've ever read, and I read alot of creepypasta's.
Scared me off ever wanting to create a Tulpa/imaginary friend.
I imagine it'd scare the living shit out of you too, Sly.
Here you go - http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Tulpa
No need to thank me.
Wow, when I first read Slybash's post I thought to myself, this guy is so messed up in the head that it's scary. But then, I read wickedhayo's creepypasta thing and I thought to myself, tulpas are pretty cool, then it got so messed up that it scared me.

You should probably not get one of these.

Please don't try to have sex with it if you do manage to create one.