Toribash
View Poll Results: do you approve of the usd dueling change?
no
6 Votes / 11.11%
super no
5 Votes / 9.26%
ultra no
18 Votes / 33.33%
yes
25 Votes / 46.30%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
do you approve of the usd dueling change?
choose wisely
Last edited by Nerfpls; Sep 24, 2017 at 08:59 PM.
Oh damn, there was a change? I don't follow the duelling side of tb too much,, but in the past usd duelling was disallowed, did it happen again?
quack
because staff are really lame, usd scam reports will no longer be supported by market squad

found this after i won a duel against slicc for $20 and he told me "dueling usd is illegal" and i went to check rules -_-

thing is how are you even supposed to find this out if you have no reason to be in scam reports unless you get scammed, imagine if i had lost that duel and sent the money just to realize that you don't have to even send because a report wont be handled by market squad

if this is banned you should ban selling tc for usd too since you can't "truly prove" that either, kill the game more will you

actually there really is no reason to not ban selling tc for usd, the reason for banning usd dueling applies there too
Last edited by Nerfpls; Sep 24, 2017 at 09:21 PM.
i know you said it sarcastically but maybe they should ban every usd transaction.

tc is something they have free access to. they can create it, move it around, remove it, etc. the same can't be said with usd. they are not a bank, they are just the small forum of a small game.

dealing with usd causes a lot of problems that regular users don't really think of, but simply put they can't guarantee that people won't do paypal shenanigans or just refuse to pay. no matter what you're out the usd, even if they can generate tc/items.

any way you think of it it's a smart move and i'm glad it happened. i just hope the greedy duel filth will come to love the rule and stop complaining eventually =)

[T]
#hi

yeah i edited my post saying there truly is no reason to not ban every usd transaction from the reason they give for banning usd dueling
this would be pretty bad for the community though, as a lot of people thrive off of selling tc for usd and you will only be able to buy tc from the ridiculous torishop prices. a giant part of the economy would die just like that

so yeah either undo the usd duel ban or ban every usd transaction lol
Last edited by Nerfpls; Sep 24, 2017 at 09:26 PM.
Originally Posted by Nerfpls View Post
ban every usd transaction lol

With this comes certain problems, for example I read this in a thread the other day: when buying TC with USD, how would the staff know that it's someone buying TC rather than a gift from friend to friend?

What I'm saying is that it'd be very difficult to figure out what's a USD transaction and what's not.
some users knew about this and basically are abusing it as we speak, not that many people check the rules and especially when a rule like this is already flawed, creati0n is trying his hardest to find a method for this and going to change the rules in a bit (idk if this is leaking info remove if it is instead of banning me thank)

Creati0n says: Yes, the Market Squad is looking into finding an alternative to the current USD dueling policy. An estimated release date for a permanent solution to the issue is unknown, but we're trying our hardest to please the general populace while also keep the community (and scam reports) legitimate and safe. This isn't to say that USD dueling will be allowed in the future, but an alternative method may be implemented to appease both the staff and the dueling community.
Last edited by Creati0n; Sep 24, 2017 at 10:37 PM.
This shit goes through cycles. It isn't approved cos it's dumb. Then people think "oh it won't be so bad" then it is and it's unsupported again. Then the cycle restarts.
Doesn't matter if you approve or not, we don't have the tools to deal with usd scams and we never will.
Should never have been supported in the first place :o
Originally Posted by The Announcement
Due to the Market Squad's inability to manually verify that a payment has been sent/received on PayPal, we will no longer be supporting scam reports regarding duels wagers involving USD.

Pretty clear in it's wording. Doesn't mention banning it. More of a "don't come running to us when shit goes expectedly awry"