Ranking
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
First off, no need to throw insults

Regarding your question about what happens when a "noob" is no longer a "noob": iirc they would be able to move up in the clan and possibly apply to the general rank in the clan which is a rank that is there for more experienced players to join and be able to interact and help out beginners.

Originally Posted by Karbn View Post
As wizard first said much more politely than i'd like to put it, please don't throw around insults. Especially when you don't know the full story as to why i resigned in the first place.

we have the official board, but not the official brackets ingame. if you checked ingame you'd realize that. they don't get kicked after they reach a certain rank, they can stay as long in the clan as they like. however, they will be given a gentle push towards the door so they can go out and experience other clans and the rest of the forums.

if you could explain why you think it's a good idea to make it TOO easy to navigate a clan board that is made so it's easy to navigate, then please post it here. i'd love to hear your suggestions!

Didn't mean that to come off as an insult, i meant it more as a confused 'i thought he quit, when did he join back', but i suppose me having a bad day and overall generally not feeling that well made me type it in a inpropper manner, so once more, sorry.

And thanks for clarifying about the kick thing.
What about those brand new brackets that were just recently implemented to official clans, to distinguish certain players in the clan from others, seems appropriate.
[21:55] Icky: How the fuck can i make witty lines about blossoms without going full weeb
Originally Posted by Bless View Post
What about those brand new brackets that were just recently implemented to official clans, to distinguish certain players in the clan from others, seems appropriate.

Those brackets are used to show trial in an official clan, so maybe not. I believe the beginner clans have () tags now, but still have boards. Unsure of this info, on phone atm.

(im)

wizard is correct, beginner clans red and blue have unofficial tags in game. they just have the official board to keep everything streamlined so beginners don't get confused trying to find all our threads
Ah they didn't when I last checked, willing to believe it is true.

What are the rules on these beginner clans partaking in clan events
[21:55] Icky: How the fuck can i make witty lines about blossoms without going full weeb
i don't see a reason for them to not partake in events. as it stands, we'll be holding special beginner events within our clan, so i doubt you'll see many [red][blue] members flooding your events board anytime soon
One thing irking me is the inconsistency in staff decisions about this sort of thing.

Parrot was prevented from creating a newbie clan, and the big reason behind it was that it would be unfair to the other DSC clans because we'd be 'sucking life' from the other DSC clans.

They went on to talk about how we've got greater 'catchment' and 'resources', so it would be totally unfair for us to exist.

Cut forward 1 month... the HS, a group with even greater 'resources' and an even bigger 'catchment' (you can redirect people to it from Beginner Sanctuary, and they're the only coloured name clans on the forum, so they stand out on the official list (plus they've got a special icon)), has undercut the rest of the DSC clans in the same way Parakeet would've. The only difference is that this undercut is *staff supported*

Other DSC clans can't compete. When the members of Red and Blue progress enough to be 'nicely shown the door', it's only natural to assume that they're not gonna be looking to enter a clan that's a step down (a DSC clan), they're gonna look to join a popular official clan.

So not only does this feel like sort of a big 'lol, ur fucked' to other DSC clans, it's seemingly a 'get fucked' to us dudes that were launching Parakeet.
---
@Mods, move this to Off-Topic if you think this is more appropriate there.
Last edited by Ele; Jan 12, 2018 at 05:14 AM.
hi, this is in offtopic.

please follow offtopic rules so i don't have to delete a bunch of posts

thank you, have a nice slugfest
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
One thing irking me is the inconsistency in staff decisions about this sort of thing.

Parrot was prevented from creating a newbie clan, and the big reason behind it was that it would be unfair to the other DSC clans because we'd be 'sucking life' from the other DSC clans.

They went on to talk about how we've got greater 'catchment' and 'resources', so it would be totally unfair for us to exist.

Cut forward 1 month... the HS, a group with even greater 'resources' and an even bigger 'catchment' (you can redirect people to it from Beginner Sanctuary, and they're the only coloured name clans on the forum, so they stand out on the official list (plus they've got a special icon)), has undercut the rest of the DSC clans in the same way Parakeet would've. The only difference is that this undercut is *staff supported*

Other DSC clans can't compete. When the members of Red and Blue progress enough to be 'nicely shown the door', it's only natural to assume that they're not gonna be looking to enter a clan that's a step down (a DSC clan), they're gonna look to join a popular official clan.

So not only does this feel like sort of a big 'lol, ur fucked' to other DSC clans, it's seemingly a 'get fucked' to us dudes that were launching Parakeet.
---
@Mods, move this to Off-Topic if you think this is more appropriate there.

If I recall correctly, Parakeet was titled a feeder clan, it was basically a trial clan to say hey if you're good for x amount of time you'll get into this big clan called Parrot. Whereas the Red/Blue clans are meant to help beginners get into the game and learn etc. We didn't go " hey know what'll really piss parrot off? If we make R/B to mock their feeder clan parakeet." Also, mind you R/B was in development waay before Parakeet was even thought about. The main idea of this project since it was conceived has been to help beginners, not to be "sucking life" from other clans.
I'm the Event Squad Admin. I am also an ex-Clan Squad member. Have any questions about clans or otherwise? PM me.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Discord: Typhus#0201
splish splash Aeon is still trash
Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
If I recall correctly, Parakeet was titled a feeder clan, it was basically a trial clan to say hey if you're good for x amount of time you'll get into this big clan called Parrot. Whereas the Red/Blue clans are meant to help beginners get into the game and learn etc.

Parakeet would be taking beginners and training them up also.
Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
The main idea of this project since it was conceived has been to help beginners, not to be "sucking life" from other clans.

Those intentions are all noble and great, but the resulting effect of your actions will be just that - It'll suck life from DSC clans.