Ranking
Original Post
[Art] Perplexed by a dark forest, what lies beyond?
One of my newest illustrations, got inspired by some dark forests and myself being depressed...

http://t4mashii.deviantart.com/art/P...yond-334487771

First version

Software used: Adobe Illustrator Cs5.5

So, tell me what you think is good and what could be done better.
Last edited by Fenris; Oct 28, 2012 at 03:24 PM.
I really like this i see the tress and all that but i think you should make some snow in the background and like darker and stuff but 9/10 gj
l AOD founder l
Reflexz Co founder
I would imagine that the farther back the tree was in the picture the darker its color would be. Just as your snow gets darker as it goes back I think the trees should do the same.

Just a suggestion. I could be completely wrong and stupid.

[RAWR]NutHug: I CAN MAKE DIAPER BROWN
Originally Posted by IceShadow View Post
I would imagine that the farther back the tree was in the picture the darker its color would be. Just as your snow gets darker as it goes back I think the trees should do the same.

Just a suggestion. I could be completely wrong and stupid.

unless the view is from inside the forest, looking out.
seeing as there is a light source from that side, sort of.
do agree with the snow part though, consistency etc.

i think that perspective should have been taken into consideration, rather, making the trees thinner, the further they are away.

but i dont think perfection/realism was aim, so it looks fine.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
maybe it's just the color of the fog that is darker than the snow and lighter than the trees

maybe that's just how i'm seeing it
shmevin eats smegma
Ben's got it right. *cough* again *cough*

Realism was not my aim, I want people to get a feel of mystery, sorrow (maybe?) and something unexplainable...
Now as you mention it I can see that the snow is wrong, I'll fix it by tomorrow.