ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[WIP]RollerCoaster
Hello fellow mod makers, today im revealing my new mod, still a work in progress though but ill let you have a sneak peak into what im making.

So basically its a rollercoaster [you should know what that is], im working on ways to make it move, it will run on a fairly long path and im going to try spice it up a bit with turns etc, unfortunately i reached my limit in joining objects so its not as detailed. Im going to add a more theme park environment in and making that more detailed.

Hope you like this idea and feel free to comment on what i could change or add to this mod.

Screenshot

Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pm me for help or if you have any questions.
Make the rollercoaster rails into a square, so it would keep going till somebody falls off which the person will dq. that would be really fun
( ^ω^)RIP TGS 2013 - 2019( ^ω^)
Flame Forger
Could you add the mod so we can take a look at it ?

I don't know how it performs as of now, but I know that cylinders are a pain in the ass and very glitchy when it comes to collision, if you're having problem with that you can try to use boxes instead !

Good idea tho, I was myself looking at making a minecart kinda thing for a pk mod, but I never thought of a roller coaster
Last edited by DashSora; Jun 13, 2016 at 03:24 AM.
Yeah sure I shall add it when I get home from school
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok so i have changed it up a bit and made it at an angle so that it hits the beam and shoots, im testing a few things out so the mod is a bit ew xD

but anyway here are some screenshots and ill post the mod.

SS

tell me what you think?
Attached Files
RollercoasterRemaker3.tbm (6.1 KB, 5 views)
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally Posted by FleshMon View Post
Ok so i have changed it up a bit and made it at an angle so that it hits the beam and shoots, im testing a few things out so the mod is a bit ew xD

but anyway here are some screenshots and ill post the mod.

SS

tell me what you think?

Well, the bounce either is not enough to make the coaster climb up (If tori holds all), either it bounces me way too high and shit.
Careful with bounce and joints (or bounce in general), they're very glitchy together.. But if you really want to make your "ramp up" (Which i'd understand), I suggest you make use of those three non statics you have left to secure the cart to the rails.

Keep the 'feet' of the coaster slightly angled by putting 1 in the Z axis of your joint, or they'll pop right back to being perpendicular with the object they're attached to ! (but that's really not enough to keep it on track, so i'd suggest adding a bar to link the two front feet (at least), and then angle the back ones. You dont really have the joints for this, though, so you might need to change a couple things about your cart.)

You've made it significantly harder on yourself by adding this little ramp up, but it could be kinda cool if that meant an infinite ride !

You could try to make a wheel below the rail (Much like how a real coaster climbs up) that'd spin enough to push it up the rail. Then again, not sure how this will perform.

Heck, what happened to the wheels that were in the original mod? Were they not working properly ? It could've been useful to have those and just pump some velocity in em

Also, I think you should play with the densities of each part of your coaster until you have something that's not either too heavy, or that will be impacted too much by movements on board. You could also add some thrust downwards (-z) to help the cart stick to the rails. You'll also either have to make your curves much more smooth, or diving the card in two parts with a free joint in the middle, or it'll get stuck very easily.

And, on a mod that's supposed to be as symmetrical as this one, you should really try to have the center of your coaster on x=0. Some of your pieces are on x=-0.02, some are -0.03, and some are -0.01. That's not ideal, it'll be messy for you to get the right positions for the rest of the pieces (Your joints are kinda all over the place), and you wont be able to be precise. The more clipping you have, the laggier it'll get, and the more glitchy it may be. Be aware of that !

Finally, I'd highly suggest downloading notepad++ and doing the editing there. Once you get used to it, you can be much more precise in the placement of your objects as it allows you to use up to three decimals (from two in the modmaker).

Will need a lot of work, but I'm sure it'll be pretty cool. Can't wait to see your progress man.
Last edited by DashSora; Jun 15, 2016 at 06:51 AM.
Ok im on the job :P and im getting notpad ++ now

Thanks so much for your help, I appreciate it
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]