Ranking
Original Post
Access to Advanced Boot Options without keyboard
Heres the deal. I got a virus (ono) that I deleted within the same day I got it, but it still managed to fuck up my computer. I've managed to fix everything, except for one thing. My keyboard and mousepad wont respond / startup under the conditions of code 19 (damaged or changed registry), but I have a USB mouse. Still no keyboard though. Now, I'm trying to use the "Last Know Good Configuration" from the safemode startup screen. However, I can't get into safemode because my keyboard doesn't work, meaning I cant use F8. However, I did read that I can get my computer to start in safemode via MSconfig.exe, but I dont know how to get to it without being able to type it into the computer. I have windows 7.

Edit: that doesn't work, because it goes into safemode right away, and not advanced boot options.

http://www.bleepstatic.com/tutorials...ndows-7-f8.jpg

Halp!
Last edited by Cretor; Jul 8, 2010 at 09:33 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vibacious - - Get vibin'

Use a system restore point, from your control panel, that might do the trick. Oh, also installing a fresh copy of the BIOS could also help, but I'm not so sure on the second one, either way BIOS updates never hurt right? :P
How do I install a fresh copy of BIOS? This virus seems to have DESTROYED everything about my keyboard and mouse. And I mean DESTROYED! I'm going into the registry and deleting everything about ps/2.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vibacious - - Get vibin'

Well, choose 1 if you bought your PC built (and haven't changed the motherboard), 2 if you built the PC or have changed out the Mobo.

1: go to your PC manufacturers website and go to their support/download section and find the BIOS there, possibly update your drivers while you are at it, that can fix allot, even if you have the current version if they were somehow damaged this should help.

2: go to your motherboard manufacture, and download the BIOS, and install.

3: tell me your PC make or MoBo make and i'll find the BIOS if 1 and 2 don't work out for you.
Well, I'm looking for it on the support website, but apparently there's a bunch of different models for my laptop, and I don't know which one it is.

I have a Toshiba Satellite T135 with PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vibacious - - Get vibin'

Is it just the laptop keyboard that doesn't work or all? Since the mouse works, maybe you can try plugging a desktop keyboard in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Try the step nº1 here: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=200380

Running Combofix might solve your problem.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Is it just the laptop keyboard that doesn't work or all? Since the mouse works, maybe you can try plugging a desktop keyboard in.

The only reason the mouse works is because I'm using a usb mouse. Usb objects seem to work fine, but the ps/2 keyboard and mousepad dont respond at all. I also don't have a usb keyboard, and I'd feel kinda silly using that when theres a perfectly usable keyboard on my laptop.

Originally Posted by GenkiSudo View Post
Try the step nº1 here: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=200380

Running Combofix might solve your problem.

Sorry, but that wouldn't work because: Combofix doesn't work on windows 7, and the virus is already gone. I've dealt with it. I'm just trying to fix the mess it's left behind.
Last edited by Cretor; Jul 8, 2010 at 09:10 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vibacious - - Get vibin'

the USB keyboard should respond on start up to allow advanced boot, have you tried this?

just find which ever model looks closest to yours then get the BIOS, normally the BIOS is the same for every model, and that should reset any BIOS changes (even if they only have the same version as what you have now)