people playing: 50, servers online: 20, games played: 142,903,811 Top Player: Ceytune

Toribash Community » General » Off-Topic
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old Dec 27, 2018   #1
nervau

8th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Vengeance

Anime computer technology
when can we upload our consciousness into a computer and live the rest of our days in an anime world? i shouldn't think of any other board to come to and ask such advanced questions regarding such technological advances.
Ultimate King Bach Vine Compilation 2017 (w/Titles) Funny KingBach Vines - Co Viners
nervau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2018   #2
Rose
<3 <3 <3

im a powerpuff girl Belt
Clan: win

bro do u have the classic post anime depression
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2018   #3
T0ribush
Forumite

Master Belt
Clan: Evil

This is actually scary as fuck. There maybe a time where Humanity gets lost. As in our want to attempt to colonize space and spread everywhere as fast as possible. We may become complacent slobs living in a paradise until our planet dies. Simply no one gave a fuck already having the most fun possible in a Virtual Reality.
-----
Depressing.

Last edited by T0ribush; Dec 30, 2018 at 02:19 AM.. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
T0ribush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2018   #4
-sir
Administrator
What is this shit
Moved to offtopic
sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2018   #5
+Hi

One Belt
Clan: Evolution

I feel sorry for you man, you must be going through alot of pain to want to leave this world and live in a virtual universe. And there is technology like this already and its called virtual reality.
Hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2018   #6
Mafia
Paywast

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: All Stars

2035 or 2040
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2019   #7
sirkill1

Black Belt

I believe that's called " the singularity " and I'd give it maybe like 200 to 500 years, pretty unlikely during our lifetimes because the people building these computers have to understand the human mind perfectly and the nervous system as well, so that consciousness can properly be up and downloaded. We're just not there yet though, nobody understands the human mind yet and we're not sure we ever will
Click the link...do eet.
sirkill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2019   #8
Ele

3rd Dan Black Belt
Clan: Aeon

Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
2035 or 2040

Originally Posted by sirkill1 View Post
I believe that's called " the singularity " and I'd give it maybe like 200 to 500 years, pretty unlikely during our lifetimes because the people building these computers have to understand the human mind perfectly and the nervous system as well, so that consciousness can properly be up and downloaded. We're just not there yet though, nobody understands the human mind yet and we're not sure we ever will

Kurzweil (the fella that wrote all about the singularity) predicts the human brain will be fully understood by the end of this century.

That's if we survive until then. If singularity occurs in the 2040s, we'll then have to endure (at least) 50 years of hypercharged technological progress.

This hypercharging will greatly affect society and there's gonna be big changes in international + domestic relations. Could go wrong - Might delay the possibility or might remove the possibility entirely.
---
ofc that's just what Kurzweil says - He does tend to overestimate how quickly some trends develop

Last edited by Ele; Jan 6, 2019 at 12:08 PM..
Ele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2019   #9
@JoboMan
roflmao

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Obey

Just smoke heaps of DMT
I apologise for this post.
JoboMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2019   #10
nervau

8th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Vengeance

I feel the pain the struggles and the sorI cant keep livThis sht crazy o _ oing like this man -_-row of living on earth. oit not fun. the anime universe has girls anime
Ultimate King Bach Vine Compilation 2017 (w/Titles) Funny KingBach Vines - Co Viners
nervau is offline   Reply With Quote