ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
The Great Toribash Brawl
Thought of this idea in my free time, so let's get straight to the point.

The basics of the event
  • Dual Bracket System (Winners/Losers)
  • Entry Fee Pot Prize
  • Winner of winners bracket gets a custom item made of choice (maybe a usertitle as well, but i'm too lazy to make one as concept)
  • Loser gets a no-qi item from market
  • Maybe a 50,000 - 100,000 TC Prize Added (if pot is too low)
  • Staff backed (possibly to help with the prizes)

The gamemodes/mods involved
  • Grappling: Aikido & Greykido
  • Striking: Lenshu & Wushu
  • Kicking: ErthTK & Taekyon

The general idea and overall concept
Players will be pit against eachother in a best out of 6 fight, having to use both mods of each category above.
This will test their skill in all 3 categories, meaning they will have to win at least 4 times per fight to move onto the next stage of the bracket.
Losers will be put in a seperate bracket with a different price as stated above.

What's different between this event and others?
The main difference is the mods used, and the systems put in place.
With this the players are forced to be tested in 2 mods of each play style.
Most tournaments I've seen at least (correct me if im wrong) tested only 1 mod per category.
I think this would be a fun event, and would bring back some wushu players of the old days, when it was a competitive mod.
this is basically just the toribash world championship but with worse prizes
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
this is basically just the toribash world championship but with worse prizes

They said that was unlikely to happen though, plus the whole deal with changing ur country. This has nothing to do with where your from lol.
TWC had nothing to do with the participants' country of origin. It was for players who placed high during the years' ranking seasons.

In any case, I think competitive events are bland, and are done at full saturation: with one major clan-based event and one individual event hosted per year. Having multiple events such as this (with the same mod-pool, and bracket system) is unattractive. At least to me, it's unattractive. And with the devaluation of TC and items, the possible proposed prizes are equally as unattractive.

You stated an interest in wushu. I think if you skew your event idea to focus on one single mod or mod category, that might be at least a little more interesting. I've toyed with a similar event idea several years ago, when I hosted a competitive TK event.

Personally, I'd like to see a competitive event with mods that are not traditionally considered 'competitive'. Weapons mods per example (i.e. shaolinbostaff).

I'm going to stop since I'm going on a tangent.
Originally Posted by Gentleman View Post
TWC had nothing to do with the participants' country of origin. It was for players who placed high during the years' ranking seasons.

In any case, I think competitive events are bland, and are done at full saturation: with one major clan-based event and one individual event hosted per year. Having multiple events such as this (with the same mod-pool, and bracket system) is unattractive. At least to me, it's unattractive. And with the devaluation of TC and items, the possible proposed prizes are equally as unattractive.

You stated an interest in wushu. I think if you skew your event idea to focus on one single mod or mod category, that might be at least a little more interesting. I've toyed with a similar event idea several years ago, when I hosted a competitive TK event.

Personally, I'd like to see a competitive event with mods that are not traditionally considered 'competitive'. Weapons mods per example (i.e. shaolinbostaff).

I'm going to stop since I'm going on a tangent.

Yeah I can see what you mean, a wushu event or similar would be nice, maybe clans like fl0w and relaxall would come back and show up for it lol
Originally Posted by Elite View Post
They said that was unlikely to happen though, plus the whole deal with changing ur country. This has nothing to do with where your from lol.

what?
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn