Toribash
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
I don't understand.

Sex is a normal natural part of life, that is actually beneficial.

Violence is condemned and not wanted at all.

Why should we subject children to violence but not sex?

Damn good point.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Originally Posted by LWafflez View Post
I first played Doom when I was 4 years old. Obviously it had a huge impact on my life and I'm an incredibly violent person.
Well I played DOOM when I was 3, and I get straight A's and I have a decent social life. So those kinds of effects are circumstantial.

Well for someone who thinks that kids can't comprehend violence in video games, you sure put a lot of blame on the kids. IMO, the parents should be the people governing that stuff. A kid isn't going to know what's good for them until they get older.
What I agree with is that if they have such a problem with a game, they can just, you know...not let their kids play it and then leave the rest of us alone?

So yeah.
[18:04:54] <aracoon> Eureka is a powerhungry fag
[13:13] <Eureka> also dota is kinda for pigfuckers
[13:13] <jalis> ban eureka
[13:13] <jalis> thanks
Originally Posted by Wafflez//Eureka View Post
I first played Doom when I was 4 years old. Obviously it had a huge impact on my life and I'm an incredibly violent person.
Well I played DOOM when I was 3, and I get straight A's and I have a decent social life. So those kinds of effects are circumstantial.

I think Wafflez was sarcasming...
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
I think Wafflez was sarcasming...

Ditto.

Also in relation to this, parents need to STFU and instead of bitching about games such as this getting a low rating (e.g. 12+ like in this story) they should keep to themselves and keep their kids away from such games. Besides, I know that if I was a 12 year old and saw a game with a cover displaying adults laughing and drinking alcohol in my local game store, it would not even be remotely appealing to me.
The effects on later life as bitched over by concerned parents are negated when the child does not even find buying the game an option in the first place. And certainly the parent is not going to buy the game for their kids. Maybe for themselves, but then they should be responsible and keep it hidden away from their children to avoid setting a bad example.
In the worst case scenario of the kid having gone out and bought the game with the intent of playing it for sexual content, then it is the kid who should be punished and not the rating company.

tl;dr: Parents are responsible for their kids. If they let their kid go out and buy a game with sexual content because the rating is 12+ (which I doubt it even contains because of the rating it got) and then let them play it then it is their own fault if their child gets "seriously affected in later life". Don't bitch on the rating company - they're just doing their job. And remember, they're experts.

Also, in response to this "violent video games lead to being a violent person in later life" nonsense, I myself played DOOM at a very young age, (like I see many others have :P) not only that, but my dad was quite happy to let me play Duke Nukem 3D (uncensored non-australian version), Blood, Strife and other such games of the time. I have not grown to be a violent person, nor have I had an interest in sexual material up until puberty (to be honest it used to disgust me). The only time I have been violent with someone was when we we're having a friendly wrestle at school (if that counts).
Last edited by 4zb41; Mar 12, 2011 at 05:18 AM.
Well, "Playing Violent/Sexual video games lead to being a Violent person/Rapist in later life" ?
No. Until you are talking about some 12 years old who can't control themself.
Their parrents should do what they have to do in order to get rid of them, instead of blaming about how those games make their kiddos worse.
And I don't think that i will jack anyone car, shot any cops I see after playing Gta.
After all, there's no load button in the real life.
Slap a bloody R 18+ rating on the game and then ban it for sale in Australia.
Simple, thats what they do every other time.

EDIT: ADDED EXTRA POINT:

Another thing, sometimes people can lose control and turn into whack jobs from playing certain games. But those people had something wrong with them to begin with, they are ticking time bombs and the sooner you deal with them the better. But people who have basic morals and rationality can observe the difference between games and reality.
Last edited by coloo; Mar 12, 2011 at 05:52 AM.
if only a light spanking is causing such outrage
toribash will receive dozens of complain letters a day
'violence perfected? wat sort of game is this?'
'this game is so bloody look at the blood flowing everywhere'
'y are u teaching my kid to rip off others arms legs and heads?'
'dont u ever know not to let kids hold weapons?
u get the idea
Originally Posted by tunghenry View Post
if only a light spanking is causing such outrage
toribash will receive dozens of complain letters a day
'violence perfected? wat sort of game is this?'
'this game is so bloody look at the blood flowing everywhere'
'y are u teaching my kid to rip off others arms legs and heads?'
'dont u ever know not to let kids hold weapons?
u get the idea

Apparently it won't because it doesn't have any minor sexual content D:
unless they saw the sex mod
i came across it once
but yeah if sexual content there will be no problem