Ranking
Honestly i spend most of my time on my computer and im not fat at all. Also what kid is gonna play a video game and then say... Hey, this seems fun, I'm gonna shoot up a school, bye mum. To be completely honest, I qualify as "playing video games too much", as I spend sometimes 8 hours straight on the computer. But I have found that I'm not violent at all and that instead of becoming satanic or depressed, I'm happy. What i also found is when I'm unhappy, I play video games and I become less depressed. By the way i see it, if violent video games can "desensitize" kids... Then so can a violent book
Last edited by 5thMurder; Feb 22, 2015 at 04:40 PM.
But books aren't as addictive and gain less from being violent.

I imagine that it is kids who are not as sensible as us who would be the ones becoming violent. If video games can make kids violent, it would probably depend quite a lot on the kid.
Last edited by Zelda; Feb 25, 2015 at 09:28 AM.
Good morning sweet princess
Which then makes it the parents fault. They know their own children well enough to know these things could possibly happen and yet there still out there at Walmart, buying Gta 5 for 12 year old children(Not an insult.) There's a rating there for a reason. Parents really just don't care about their kids these days. They know they can control their kid and yet you still see them in court because of the game. I don't take games as something bad at all. It is literally imagination with graphics on it and sold to the public. I mean some games even predicted the future and there are always skills involved in games. Toribash requires you to adapt to stimulus of the torienvironment.
Fps's require keen hand to eye coordination and awareness, all of which are key for the human race. Some games have morals and others teach you things you never knew before. People think games are the source because they're targetting specific games. Not all games that have blood and are addictive are bad and you can easily break game addictions.
Sincerely,
Qukslice
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
I feel like if video games are exacerbating a pre-existing problem created by parents it would perhaps be easier to control videogame production than bad parents. Admittedly videogame moderation might effect more people who aren't at risk, but I am not sure of what you could do to control shit parents.

I'm just throwing these ideas out there. I am still scepticle of video games ability to corrupt the youth.
Good morning sweet princess
Video games don't harm society. It can harm certain parts of society. It's fine to play video games just not over excessively, it's fine to talk about video games, it just can't be your only subject. I have been playing video games since I was about 3, yes 3. Right now I am very fit, I do very well in school and I have loads of friends. But I see kids that the ONLY thing they even know how to talk about is video games, so it may be harming society slightly. Video games are actually one of the reasons I am doing well in school (lowest mark I've EVER gotten is like a B) Video games for some reason help me experience this world in a different way, help me actually see the dimensions of things.
Video games may even give people who are really shy, a subject to talk about. But it all depends on how your brain works, some people take video games seriously, if they have to do something other than video games, they freak out. People who have been playing video games for a long time only play video games, refuse to actually talk to other people, and when they do it is 99% of the time about video games, so it may be harming society (trust me I have a cousin like this).
Yes video games have made me different, changed my personality, but it made me more mature, but still left with a sense of humor.

Sorry if this post was a little back and forth, it's just when I do something like this I talk about something, move onto the next topic, then I remember something from the last topic I was doing but don't think to add it there because I just get going with writing and I can't stop. Yea so sorry if its jumbled up
Last edited by moneshot; Feb 23, 2015 at 11:29 PM.
Frogs never die.
No more people in my sig.
Originally Posted by protonitron View Post
I feel like if video games are exacerbating a pre-existing problem created by parents it would perhaps be easier to control videogame production than bad parents. Admittedly videogame moderation might effect more people who aren't at risk, but I am not sure of what you could do to control shit parents.

I'm just throwing these ideas out there. I am still scepticle of video games ability to corrupt the youth.

This is where parenting comes in, if anything goes wrong in a child per-say because of too much time spent alone playing video games and doing other things, then i'd say it's the fault of the parent.
"do it again and i'll insert my giant watermelon dick into your cornhole" ~ Smaguris
Originally Posted by Triton View Post
This is where parenting comes in, if anything goes wrong in a child per-say because of too much time spent alone playing video games and doing other things, then i'd say it's the fault of the parent.

It's not the parent's fault, how are they supposed to know what a game is like?
Frogs never die.
Originally Posted by moneshot View Post
It's not the parent's fault, how are they supposed to know what a game is like?

By getting educated and involved in what their child is playing?
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Originally Posted by Valterain1 View Post
By getting educated and involved in what their child is playing?

But if a kid sees a game that they want in a store, they ask their parents to buy it, the parents don't actually have time to research it and kids have a way of persuading parents into doing things
Frogs never die.
Originally Posted by moneshot View Post
But if a kid sees a game that they want in a store, they ask their parents to buy it, the parents don't actually have time to research it and kids have a way of persuading parents into doing things

Smartphones exist. If the parent doesn't have a phone, they can say "maybe later" and go home and look it up from their home computer. If they don't have a home computer, then what the fuck is the child doing with a console?
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.