ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Wushu ignorance
I think there is and there has always been this problem in the toribash community. People on the forum and in community portals in general totally ignore wushu, no events in this mod, no videos about it, nothing. In the same time wushu is one of the most (if not the most) played mod in public mods even if there are fewer servers for it than aikido.
What is your opinion about this topic?
"Why?"
It's not a competitive mod so why make events for it? It's not ignorance either, I don't see how you think it's a more special mod than something like aikido or taekkyon because it has different gameplay. You don't see many TK events now, do you?
Originally Posted by Holotor View Post
It's not a competitive mod so why make events for it? It's not ignorance either, I don't see how you think it's a more special mod than something like aikido or taekkyon because it has different gameplay. You don't see many TK events now, do you?

theres an event that lets you play tk going on right now
clan siege
Didn't most wushu players (at least those with most experience and who act like "representatives of the wushu community") have always told GMs that wushu isn't suitable for events because people run all the time? There aren't that many MP events being hosted at all, but if I'm not mistaken each Clan League had some variation of wushu mod in it. We've set several official rooms with this mod, I can't see how that can be considered "ignorance".

And when we talk about videos, almost all of them have single player replays or spars, it simply the fact that replays which were created to be later featured in a video look better than those which weren't. After all, many Toribash video makers have their own style and thus they'll edit replays they like, it wouldn't be fair to force them into making wushu videos when they don't want to.
Wushu is the hardest mod, i think we can agree on this and its the difference bettween wushu and other mods. There are many ways to get rid of the "running" like boxshu, dojo, or in gmtourney or in betting rooms operators can just kick runners.
And that really few mp events like clan league or siege arent in wushu either in these days. There used to be wushu but no anymore.
Events in wushu is not forcing anyone to do wushu replays. If yes, we are constantly forced to play aikido.
"Why?"
>wushu is the hardest mod

that's a mighty opinion you have there, too bad it's an opinion. the difficulty of each mod varies between players, there is no 'hardest mod'
Originally Posted by Augans View Post
theres an event that lets you play tk going on right now
clan siege

I was just generalizing. Let me rephrase that to lolnade3.tbm. How's that sound now?
Originally Posted by Augans View Post
>wushu is the hardest mod

that's a mighty opinion you have there, too bad it's an opinion. the difficulty of each mod varies between players, there is no 'hardest mod'

I understand your point but I am saying that a wushu player has to beat the mod itself first and than he/she can fight vs the opponent. You have to get used to comebacks and moving all alone while in aikido and tk you just clap and grab your opponent.
"Why?"
I played like 6 games of wushu in my hole Toribash life but wushu get's boring for me s d its take to long for tournaments.
I'm a sparrer but not many people find multiplayer replays entertaining in a video unless it's like a competetition or the videos that concon does like top 5 insane fights. But in videoes like what Mocucha does most people find realistic cool momentum moves more entertaining than 5 second aikido or 10 second wushu replay going over and over again.
I hate all games
Originally Posted by Uncas23 View Post
I understand your point but I am saying that a wushu player has to beat the mod itself first and than he/she can fight vs the opponent. You have to get used to comebacks and moving all alone while in aikido and tk you just clap and grab your opponent.

this is silly, comebacks in tk or aikido are not a thing but that doesnt make it inherently bad. Besides, the combat in both those mods is atleast 10 times deeper than in wushu, which is practically putting your legs in between you and your opponent or flailing your limbs hoping one will hit him, due to the 50 tf. if comebacks are that difficult, then we can say that the most skill requiring situation in wushu (coming back) has no dynamic between both opponents, its a pointless fight for survival. when you actually get to hitting your opponent it just comes down to protecting your face and trying to tap him
oh yeah