ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Head texture size question
I've been noticing that people are using a different size of texture for the head

this one:

instead of this

someone care to explain the difference to me?
Probably the lines,when drawed on horizontal direction in that size, can look better.
the normal template make the lines looks more thin and strange.
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592
A board de arte serve para postar arte feita por você, como desenhos, músicas, vídeos e literatura. Perguntas como esta devem ser postadas em Rapid Threads e não na board de arte.

Leia as regras do fórum de arte e tenha mais cuidado ao postar, na próxima vez.

Obrigado.
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
This top one (1024x512) just makes things come out just as you draw them, and not come out weird.

For example, on the top one (1024x512), you can draw a circle, and a circle will show, If you draw a circle on the bottom one (512x512) an oval will appear instead of what you want..
|Evil|
I don't exist
In all, the top is better because you could be able to do more and have space to work with e.g. circles and etc.

plus it isn't confusing as much with the many lines to confuse the person whether the face is either too small or big...
~#1 Shittiest Shitposter of TP 2016~
Tori-Agent
https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2206760_23.gif
Ex Co-Leader of Origin
Some artist, like myself, use 1024x512 because when a texture is mapped to a toribash body part it stretches it out to this width. Thus, painting in said resolution then scaling to fit 512 makes it so that everything comes out properly mapped.

Short answer: Mapping.
Done with this community, you guys suck.