Toribash
Original Post
Replays for TB 5.4 Tutorials
Hi,

I'm currently working on new tutorials that will be introduced in Toribash 5.4 and I'm looking for replays to use there.
Replays will be used during "cinematic" bits of tutorials and will have to follow some scenario-induced restrictions.

Replays I'm currently looking for:

• Sensei character (Uke spot) talking to young player (Tori spot) sitting on a bench
    • Mod: version 1 download, version 2 download. Mod version and gravity are up to you.
    • Tutorial scenario: Sensei walking back and forth in front of young player and telling them how to become a good fighter. Serves as an introduction.
    • Replay length: 500-1000 frames.
    • Special requirements: if possible, make some "key poses" in the replay so that they're used for "Press next to continue" moments. Current tutorial draft has three such cases but the number may increase in further development process. Characters don't need to stay in a fixed position for hundreds of frames, just note the frames that can be used for pausing when submitting your entries.
    • Replay tags if you upload to Community Replays: tbtutorial intro

• Young sensei fighting against an opponent (please specify who's on Tori spot and who's on Uke spot when submitting the replay)
    • Mod: anything with big enough dojo (size 600-1000 for round dojo, 1000-1400 for square dojo), any gravity.
    • Replay length: 1000+ frames.
    • Tutorial scenario: Sensei telling a story about the main fight of his career. Essentially, this should be a sparring replay in a multiplayer-like mod.
    • Requirements: closer to the end of the replay, Sensei should land a simple but heavy kick/punch but later go relax all and lose.
    • Replay tags if you upload to Community Replays: tbtutorial senseifight

• QA:

• More replay requests will be added later

Post your entries in this thread or upload them to Toribash servers using game client or Replays page with fitting tags (see info above).

Replays will be selected depending on how they fit the specified requirements. Naturally, general replay quality matters as well.
You can submit your existing replays if they fit requirements.
If you need some mods tweaked (body forces, joint movement axes, etc) to make better replays, please let me know in the thread.

Every selected replay's author will receive 5 ST and 100K Toricredits.
Last edited by sir; Oct 5, 2018 at 09:03 PM.
welp, sorry if I am copying you too much Karbn but I was out of ideas after failing doing a single handed walk with this staff and such. But, if I end up not being able to do this thing and sir allow us to "collab" I'd be up to finish yours would be a honor

anyways, this is how mine is going. And I was thinking about the pupil jumping on feet over the bench and starting punching the air like: "I wanna kick sum ass" and then the sensei hit him with the staff and he sits back, though I'm not sure if this will be possible to do smoothly
Attached Files
sensei2.rpl (213.2 KB, 8 views)
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I decided to do on my own

@sir: what do you think? Should I keep going? What should be changed? (etc.)
Attached Files
sensei43.rpl (437.0 KB, 9 views)

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wElp
Attached Files
sensei fight 511.rpl (570.5 KB, 10 views)

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The mods wouldn't dl for me, would just open in a new tab so i pasted it in modmaker hope that doesn't change anything. doing a self spar is pretty easy for me but any tips for the speech? if i don't get a reply i'm just gonna upload the spar when i finish it.
Attached Files
tb intro.rpl (176.2 KB, 2 views)
toribashtut.tbm (7.2 KB, 3 views)