Toribash
Original Post
Shiai Tokens update
Hi, Shiai Tokens have received an overhaul!

As you may have noticed, your tokens are no longer inventory items but are an actual currency now.
You can see your ST balance in your account info page, and it will also be shown in game client's home screen with Toribash 5.41+

Shiai Token Exchange is gone too, but instead of waiting for staff to finally get you some new items to spend your tokens on, you can now buy any ex-USD item with Shiai Tokens at 1:1 ratio - any time! Any new items we release from this point onwards will also be available for ST as well as TC.

If you don't have enough ST to buy some items but want them right now because you're THAT impatient, you can purchase Shiai Tokens from Torishop here: http://forum.toribash.com/tori_shop.php?cid=84

This change is sort of a test run of how a "Premium currency" may work for Toribash opposed to direct USD payments for items. We'll be closely looking at feedback this overhaul receives and it'll be used to make the final decision whether this system should stay and later applied to TBN, or reverted back to old state.

As a final note, we'll be adding week-long discounts for select colors starting next week, so keep an eye on shop sales - maybe you can grab some Demon stuff for just a few ST!
Originally Posted by Code View Post
NICE

actually no
shiai tokens now worth shit

we should be able to buy qi
Originally Posted by Krong View Post
They are if you want to have it without having the required Qi.
Obviously something different if you have enough Qi or if you're looking to buy stuff to resell it.
It does give low qi players the chance to get high-qi colors, which is nice I guess

I am greatly in support of this idea, however I do see flaws in the current system regarding this statement;

An example, if a low qi player wishes to purchase a no qi Pure Force, there'd have to save up 35 ST - an extremely difficult challenge for any player, especially less experiences players. This equates to winning +15 highly contested event squad held in-game tournaments, which aren't easy to win in the slightest.

I feel as though the prices of these no-qi items should be significantly reduced to give low qi players incentives to work towards in the short term if are unable to purchase these items with real money.
Nice, ive been waiting for more ways to spend Shiai tokens but we also need some new items, metal gear rising items would be so cool such as Raidens HF blade or sundowners hedgecutters lmao
Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
I am greatly in support of this idea, however I do see flaws in the current system regarding this statement;

An example, if a low qi player wishes to purchase a no qi Pure Force, there'd have to save up 35 ST - an extremely difficult challenge for any player, especially less experiences players. This equates to winning +15 highly contested event squad held in-game tournaments, which aren't easy to win in the slightest.

I feel as though the prices of these no-qi items should be significantly reduced to give low qi players incentives to work towards in the short term if are unable to purchase these items with real money.

But shiai tokens can also be obtained on daily rewards, so it might take a long time, but it is possible to low qi players win ST in a easier way.
literal orgasm, the wait was worth it
fimmy toribsah discorD DECAPgo be on fire somewhere elseₜₕₑ fᵢᵣetck listener
Originally Posted by Swaves View Post

rblreman has a point here:
Originally Posted by rblrenan View Post
But shiai tokens can also be obtained on daily rewards, so it might take a long time, but it is possible to low qi players win ST in a easier way.

It would take some time to get there, but you can use it in combination with winning etourneys and various events from ES.
And most importantly, you can split it between grinding and buying let's say 25 ST when you already got 10.
You're not forced to pay the full $35 for the pure force, you can use a combination between paying USD and grinding.

that means that you can get stuff that's above your qi which was very hard before.
[TLL]
Can you sell items that were for TC for ST? for instance the Candy Locks are 7 St, does that mean you can sell that item back to staff or someone for ST?
Originally Posted by Unrealistic View Post
Can you sell items that were for TC for ST? for instance the Candy Locks are 7 St, does that mean you can sell that item back to staff or someone for ST?

I would like this to be a thing, it'd add another layer to the market. Although that would be another currency MS would have to moderate.