Ranking
Original Post
increasing download speed?
as of right now, im downloading a file, obviously.
20.1 KB/s, and my usual speed is 60 KB/s+.
my connection right now to my router is 150 MB/s, excellent signal connection.
How can i increase my download speed?
make sure when your downloading nothing else is using Internet

wait till the end of the month your speed might b capped because u have gone over your limit
Download speed isn't only about you and your router/modem. It's about you, the sender and everything between that. So poor connections between or simply traffic will slow down. And also depends on how much priority sender gives you, they might have other things going on or simply a slower connection.
Clan Blood Leader
The router's speed is just how fast it can transfer data. (not sure if you thought the bottleneck was the router or not, but i'm sure it's not)

What's the speed on your isp's contract? Or is there a cap?

If the package you bought is a higher speed or there isn't any cap, then it may be that your isp is going over some rough spots with their hardware. The one we use, TDS, goes down every few weeks.
Or like Hopea said, the server's slow, like Toribash's forums are (a lot) :P Where are you downloading from?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
I can't exactly say where im downloading from but its a pretty good place, usual speeds are 40KB/s+
i have to say that is not good :|
to enhance your speed you should get a download manager
like this one
when you've installed it it will automatically implement itself in your browser so you can choose whether to use it everytime a download starts
it raises my download speed on most stuff to the max
Originally Posted by ThePz View Post
I can't exactly say where im downloading from but its a pretty good place, usual speeds are 40KB/s+

i dont know what internet prover you have
but i usely get 1200kb--1600kb no lie
I usually have the same problem.

Sometimes I´m downloading a file at 60 KB/s. But one minute later it´s already in 300KB/s.

It usually comes back to 60KB/s 10 seconds later. D:
This sig lacks creativity.

True Story.
Originally Posted by ThePz View Post
as of right now, im downloading a file, obviously.
20.1 KB/s, and my usual speed is 60 KB/s+.
my connection right now to my router is 150 MB/s, excellent signal connection.
How can i increase my download speed?

Maybe upgrade your connection and/or change ISP?..

Speeds can change according to many things such as the server congestion, quality of line, and contract.

Your wireless connection to your router has no meaning in this, since it wont bottleneck it. (150Mbps is the intranet.. your home network speed, not your INTERNET speed.)
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi