ES Recruitment Drive
debate was essentially deleted because it was decaying, and it was also killing Discussion. Discussion was supposed to be a middle-thing between Debate and Rapid Threads.

i really don't enjoy discussion that much anymore, but i suppose it fills it's purpose.
|11:33| »» [shark] so you're saying that you just paid 80 euros for pussy
|11:33| »» [Quit] [x] shark [[email protected]] [Quit:]
The Debate board was great in my opinion. Sure, it was killing the Discussion board, but it was also a place where one could have a serious debate/discussion without being interrupted by people who say random/off-topic/generally stupid shit. The decay in quality has nothing to do with a lack if stimulating conversation, but a general decline in the 'quality' of the people using the board.
but it was also a place where one could have a serious debate/discussion without being interrupted by people who say random/off-topic/generally stupid shit.

well if people are posting shit like that, then report them. there's no place for that in discussion either.
<lumpysolo> ermergerd it's jalis <lumpysolo> love u too jalis <3
<jalis> you are worthless <jalis> ignored for my sanity
Yeah, there's certainly been a drop in thread and post quality since the debate board was deleted, and for that reason I miss the formality and intelligence of the members who posted there. However, I think that the creation of the discussion board has perhaps allowed a wider range of members to post here, and a drop of quality is therefore to be expected.
Quit, probably.
Debate was awful. So much retardation in certain threads. I remember the Gun Rights thread... good times.

Discussion before Debate was created was my ideal. Also, it seems people are afraid to post stuff in Discussion. It's the community's fault for not providing the board with good material. (even this thread is pretty shabby)
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
... the Gun Rights thread...

oh god.

anyway, y/n-threads like this one don't go anywhere. there's actually no discussing going on, there are just people answering your question who then leave.

the real issue is that instead of reporting stuff and keeping thread quality up by only posting worthy topics, you whine about it. oh, and moderators letting harlequins (and equally shitty trolls) crap slide because it's hilarious.
|11:33| »» [shark] so you're saying that you just paid 80 euros for pussy
|11:33| »» [Quit] [x] shark [[email protected]] [Quit:]
No.

Forcing discussion into formality limits the discussion in question.
Originally Posted by Hxcbbqimo View Post
It's a legitimate question to discuss whether or not this board has become to informal. For those of you who don't remember or weren't around for it, the debate board was deleted several months ago was held to very high levels of maturity and formality else posts would either be deleted or infracted.

Of course, I am not expecting this same level of formality this discussion board; however, this board is suppose to be where "Serious talk" occurs. I find it inappropriate to see posts such as "You mean delaying women becoming terrifyingly ugly when they age past 30?" in a serious thread about the controversial topic of a male sex pill or a post like "Lets go back to the bible and see what jebus says. ROFL" in a thread about the stoning of iranian women.

So I am curious to hear what the general habitants of these boards have to say about the quality of the posting in these boards.

To be totally honest, I want the debate board back. I also know that if the people I have in mind are local moderators then the debate board will return to its former glory.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!