Ranking
Original Post
How racist are Americans?
Having lived in the US for a couple of years, i learnt very interesting facts that still bother me, and a conversation on this will shed some light. From my understanding, research and the attitude of many white people is that they are superior to all races but especially black. It`s almost saying the smartest black person can`t compare to the most stupid white. Am not racist, i just want to understand if this is a misconception or if these superiority thoughts do indeed exist.

I ask this because i believe racism is still rampant especially in the US that has camouflaged itself with being liberal. I`d like to read on people`s experiences and what they think about the topic . far fetched or it`s just the way the world works?
Last edited by Ele; Mar 13, 2015 at 08:15 AM.
Well a lot of states and countries deal with racism. It's not exclusive to the US. There are obviously some race related issues happening in the US right now, but I don't really see racism in my day to day life. I went to a very black oriented school freshman/sophmore year and got along with everybody there very well. Race was not a concern for anybody there and I had quite a few black friends. I think it is unfair to say that many white people consider themselves superior to blacks. That's just not the truth these days. It may have been dozens and dozens of years ago. I would like to see that being left in the past as all of us together move into the future as a desegregated nation, and hopefully, world.

As for all of the recent cop/black teen "murders" recently, I disagree with the acts of the officers although in all honesty, with all of these cases, the killings are a result of the young men not complying. Sorry if that is irrelevant, these casds have just been sparking all of this race related tention recently.
Last edited by Aracoon; Mar 12, 2015 at 06:12 PM.
The fact is that there are already white people who view black people as superior in some ways. Most of the people in my school believe that black people are better runners. So the answer is yes: Some white people view black people as superior in some ways.

Not sure if there is much more to discuss here, but I will leave you guys to see if you can find something. If others agree that this thread is silly then it will be closed. But every thread deserves a chance to grow.
Good morning sweet princess
my only question is why does it have to be White VS Black? :/ are there great black athletes in this world yes, but there are also great white athletes, there are great Asian athletes, you name a race and there will be notable people who achieved greatness. I chose athletics because it is one of the great subjects where black people are automatically viewed as superior. what i don't understand is why people can't get it through their think skull that as humans we all basically as equals, race does not determine skill, speed, perception, or anything else, it's how hard you work.
but then again... a famous saying goes that "Common sense 'aint so common anymore."
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
It is actually rather justifiable to assume that there might be slight differences in more characteristics than just skin colour. Different races have been evolving in different locations without mixing gene pools with each other for a decent period of time. I am not saying I think there are more physiological differences than skin colour, just that it is not unthinkable that there might be. I am sure there is research to confirm or disprove such an assumption but it is unrealistic to expect everyone to look up this sort of thing before forming an opinion.
Good morning sweet princess
Well, due to the past, our country is not the best what so ever when it comes to equality. I perosnally, do not hate any race. I am white, and love all races. First off, the U.S. is currently being ran by a Black man. Which shows that a good portion of the population in this country aren't all that bad.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
that second line was the most autistic thing ive ever read
so when a white person is president there's a higher chance of the larger portion of the population not being good people?

the president is black = good people
well ok then

AL BASHIR MADE AFRICA GR8
GOOD LOGIC

Ele Moderated Message:
WARNING: Personal digs between users are not tolerated. Attack the argument without attacking the person.
Last edited by Ele; Mar 13, 2015 at 08:05 AM.
This thread will be closed if it devolves into viciousness. Bring up salient points in a mature manner. Ridiculing others is not mature. Handle this topic responsibly - prove that this community is capable of that.

edit: I renamed the thread to have a more palatable and focused title.
Last edited by Ele; Mar 13, 2015 at 08:19 AM.
Well in here, Asia that includes Japan, Indonesia, Malay, Phil, and more. There's a lot of different races. I personaly don't really care about races. But sometimes I amazed when I see a white-smoothlooking people. I myself isn't a white kind or black. Let's say.. Brown. Or a normal skin of Asia, Japanese.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
edit: I renamed the thread to have a more palatable and focused title.

Not sure how insulting an entire country (or at least all the white people right? hurr hurr) is 'more palatable', but ok...

Strangely although "minorities" love to claim they are oppressed (by themselves usually lol), it's easy to see that people are more racist against whites and more cautious about not being racist to non-whites http://reason.com/blog/2014/09/03/st...to-shoot-white
http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Race_an...or_of_Crime.22
http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ofa/...r/fy2009/tab08
http://www.latimes.com/local/califor...ry.html#page=1

Somehow some Americans manage to pervert the facts so that minorities are the victims of living USA. Americans are portrayed as very anti-white or very pro-black at the moment, but that's just the vocal minority. Well, except for all the institutionalized racism against whites (and asian, as in the above example). You could argue that racism by favouritism of a certain race isn't as bad, but to me it certainly is. Whites and asians should be given equal opportunity to blacks and hispanics.

It's hard to believe that a country that is nearly 78% white could allow them be subverted to this extent and become abused and discriminated against in their own country.
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Mar 13, 2015 at 10:58 AM.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff