Ranking
Original Post
[REL] whips.tbm and tugofwar.tbm
I came back the other day and saw there were new modding features in 3.3. Using environment joints it is possible to create a simple rope, i have done this to create two mods:

tugofwar.tbm
tugofwar.tbm
In this mod, both player stand at either end of a rope, and the aim is for both player to grab the rope (requires a little bit of co-operation) and then pull eachother. You win by pulling your opponent off of their little platform, when they hit the floor they will dq automatically because there is a tiny dojo in the middle of the floor. I have used high friction and high gravity to make the mod work better, its a working progress, so feel free to post any suggested improvements. This mod works best without dismemberment or fracture.

(Juo took the screenshot for me because i dont have shaders)
Theres already a mod called tugowar.tbm, but my mod is quite different, and its better imo.

whips.tbm
whips.tbm
This mod is really fun, each player has a whip and a shield, the whip. the aim is to whip your opponent with your whip whilst blocking their whip with your sheild, it will be really fun to play when its added to multiplayer. The red part of the whip is instagib, so you can cause lots of damage. This mod is a bit like twinswords, but it requires more skill to control the whip. I would reccoment low turnframes for this mod. Once again, if ou would like to reccomend any imrpovements feel free to suggest them.

try adding these game rules
dojo size: 750
match frames: 180
turn frames: 10, 10, 15, 15, 20, 20, 30, 30, 30
Last edited by ronalds; Jun 18, 2008 at 08:46 PM.
PARANDROID
These mods are awsome!!!!

Great Work!
My Xbox Live Gamertag: vipers101
I mainly play GTA IV, I have 17,576 gamerscore.
Toribash clan: none Belt: BLUE
Whips is very fun, and so is tugofwar, but tugofwar is way too laggy for my crappy comp.

Also, maybe you could make the whips a tad longer? It is rather hard to reach uke without extending and contracting the wrist very quickly, which would require very short turnframes in MP. If you just made the whip a little bit longer it would be perfect. :3
~®awksoniC
---
/.---------====/:::::=:=:::::\====---------.\
|..D.....A....\...../...|./.../’’..../”’\...|\..|...|.../’’’..|
|..l \.../..\....\/\/....l.\..._/....\,,/...|..\|...|...\_,'.|
\.---------====\:::::=:=:::::/====---------./
i have a suggestion for tug of war
You have to grab the rope like it grabs or whatever
and theres two barriers that dont let you move to the side and in the middle a big box is falling and will crush you : D
the god
If you could add sounds to mods I would suggest adding Franzisca Von Karma's objection sound in the whip mod,also whips rarely dismember someone. so I would change that.
Last edited by Necroarkhe; Jun 18, 2008 at 06:08 PM. Reason: made a mistake.
Originally Posted by Necroarkhe View Post
IWhips usually have a sphere thing at the end that's a little larger than the whip itself. and they rarely dismember someone.

Yes but this is toribash. :P

People can rarely kick peoples heads off either, but this is toribash.
~®awksoniC
---
/.---------====/:::::=:=:::::\====---------.\
|..D.....A....\...../...|./.../’’..../”’\...|\..|...|.../’’’..|
|..l \.../..\....\/\/....l.\..._/....\,,/...|..\|...|...\_,'.|
\.---------====\:::::=:=:::::/====---------./
Originally Posted by rawksonic View Post
Whips is very fun, and so is tugofwar, but tugofwar is way too laggy for my crappy comp.

Also, maybe you could make the whips a tad longer? It is rather hard to reach uke without extending and contracting the wrist very quickly, which would require very short turnframes in MP. If you just made the whip a little bit longer it would be perfect. :3

I've tested the mod, and i think the whips are adequetly long enough, if they were any longer it would make the mod to easy, its not too difficult to whip the opponent either.
PARANDROID
Um, I already made a tugowar mod.

/set mod tugowar.tbm

Meh, yours is probably better.

And yes, it comes with toribash.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today