Ranking
You can't just comment out code and still expect it to work. Why do you think the code was there in the first place?

Yes, this can be fixed but it needs to be done by someone who actually knows what the code is doing. A few pointers to whoever wants to fix this:

The part that isn't working is the loadfile call in line 162, i.e., the loading of the data. The saving should work fine. The loading fails because loadfile is broken in recent versions of toribash. In order to fix this you have to load the data differently. Currently saveData (line 149) writes code to a file called "tadata.lua" that creates a function called tadata which returns all the move data (pretty overengineered but w/e). Instead of loading that function and calling it as it currently happens in lines 162 - 165 you have to parse the data out of the tadata.lua file manually.
Signature temporarily out of order.
Originally Posted by psycore View Post
You can't just comment out code and still expect it to work. Why do you think the code was there in the first place?

Yes, this can be fixed but it needs to be done by someone who actually knows what the code is doing. A few pointers to whoever wants to fix this:

The part that isn't working is the loadfile call in line 162, i.e., the loading of the data. The saving should work fine. The loading fails because loadfile is broken in recent versions of toribash. In order to fix this you have to load the data differently. Currently saveData (line 149) writes code to a file called "tadata.lua" that creates a function called tadata which returns all the move data (pretty overengineered but w/e). Instead of loading that function and calling it as it currently happens in lines 162 - 165 you have to parse the data out of the tadata.lua file manually.

I wasn't expecting it to fully work, I was expecting at least one part of it to work and see if it would be so. But it wasn't so.

However, it would be nice if you would actually read the entire post before replying; it doesn't load even with vanilla lua with an older version of Toribash. So, is that version of Toribash not old enough or? The version I was using was (I think 4.92) and the error wasn't there, but it just wouldn't load.
I just downloaded 4.92 and it worked for me.

However, I had an old 4.93 version lying around from when that was the newest release. I'm 95% sure it should have worked back then but if I try it now it doesn't anymore. Not sure what to make of this.
Signature temporarily out of order.
This looks amazing, but everytime i try to load the script i get an error: "164: attempt to call global 'chunk' (a number value)".

Wtf does this mean and how can i fix this??
Originally Posted by Ph0tek View Post
This looks amazing, but everytime i try to load the script i get an error: "164: attempt to call global 'chunk' (a number value)".

Wtf does this mean and how can i fix this??

A Toribash bug in the latest version. Version 4.92 doesn't feature this bug.

Still, in the Toribash 4.92 it doesn't seem to work properly either. Saving your move doesn't seem to work, the only things that work are "last opener" and "last opponent's opener".
In the event that the upload goes down for whatever reason, i have started maintaining a fork on my github account. Currently adding a feature for un-overlapping buttons as i've had a bit of an issue with that.

https://github.com/ben-en/toribash-assistant
Originally Posted by ennben View Post
In the event that the upload goes down for whatever reason, i have started maintaining a fork on my github account. Currently adding a feature for un-overlapping buttons as i've had a bit of an issue with that.

https://github.com/ben-en/toribash-assistant

In the 5.0 Beta, this worked for approximately a week before going to the bug of saving everything as if it were held.
Last edited by Xariun; Mar 8, 2016 at 07:52 AM.
I encourage you try again with the master branch, i'm having no issues. The only issues i am having are not remember what i was doing on the develop branch.

https://github.com/ben-en/toribash-a...94b02ea/ta.lua

edit: I have located a bug, you cannot copy a move after a match is over.
Last edited by ennben; Mar 19, 2016 at 08:57 PM.
Would totally download just for the sounds every five moves, thanks alot.
Esoteric Badass