ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by redtube View Post
Tips for a beginner: Get a tutor.

Really helpful, they work with you, get to know your style and see where you need to improve. True some of the greatest guitarists are self taught but they are really great and excel your learning a lot.

While we are talking about software I use guitar pro. My teacher gave this to me but you can just as easily download it yourself. If you are not willing to pay or don't want to do it illegally power tab is good. I used this for a long time.

Theory also is very important if you wish to start improvising. It is essential if you want to play jazz.

Easy ways to start improvising is to download a blues backing track and learn the minor pentatonic (the easiest scale of them all). Add in the blues note (in the key of A it is the D#) and just have fun. Or do what I did and just listen to a whole song and just try to solo over it. If you have a tutor you should get to a stage where just the two of you can just have a jam session. Do this with your friends too though it helps to play with someone more experienced than you.

Perseverance is the key.

A tutor is really good. Also, I recommend learning to read music. Whether you plan on pursuing a musical career or not, being able to read music is a really good ability to have, no matter what instrument you learn to play. I've been playing classical guitar for 10ish years now, and have always learnt off written music. Tab is super easy to pick up after learning to read music.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
Play notes you can hear from your head.

I did that with the recorder in grade 2 and it sounded extremely messed up.
Hi,

Just wondering how its going and would like to know what sort of songs you have learned.
good, all is fine, im practice with some mexican songs, "sin tu latido", "ojala" and another songs and some of guns and roses (sweet child o mine, knock on the heavens door) and led zepellin (stairway to heaven), some of the beatles too xD, all is fine