Toribash
Original Post
Clinton vs Trump? 2016 POTUS

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2...tive-election/

What do you all think of Jeb Bush vs Hillary Clinton for 2016 POTUS? Do you actually want another Bush or Clinton? Why/why not? Who do you think would win - early polls (that mean nothing) says Hillary. Could there be someone completely unexpected? Maybe someone from outside politics? What's your outlook on the political landscape at the moment - cynical, encouraged, unengaged?

A lot of questions, a lot of discussion points. What do you think?
Last edited by Ele; Sep 15, 2015 at 02:01 AM.
i dont like george bush because he made us go to war with iraq and we havent had a girl president yet so i say we let hillary clinton go
Just like how we've ended up with Obama because he was the first black one. And then we'll get the first Mexican president. And then the first Muslim one. We'll go through everyone until we revert back to the old white dudes.
Last edited by Ele; Feb 9, 2015 at 06:39 AM.
Just because we haven't done something yet doesn't mean that it NEEDS to be done. Put simply, Hillary Clinton is a moron. I don't know anything about Jeb Bush, but people seemed to like H.W. well enough. I'd be willing to give him a try.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
God no. That's a good cast for Dumb and Dumber 3 though.

I'd vote for Scott Walker if he ran, he's improved Wisconsin 50-fold since he became governor and is probably one of the best, most well-meaning politicians in the country. Rand Paul is my default vote otherwise. I'd hate to see Chris Christie get any sort of a run. Unfortunately, other than Hilary, I don't see many possible democratic candidates, and I really dislike Hilary and her approach to politics so yeah. Who else would be a serious democratic candidate? Andrew Cuomo? I could see that happening, and he hasn't been particularly bad for NY, but I don't like him.
Hoss.
Having Hillary at any important position in the national government, especially president, is probably the most stupid thing that anyone could ever suggest ever. But I haven't heard anything good or bad about Jed anyhow. No one will know.
Last edited by UnrealFix; Jan 17, 2015 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Typos
The real UnrealFix;)
If Hillary Clinton wins, it would be quite revolutionary for America. I don't fully agree with her political stance, but pretty much anybody would be better than Bush. Bush has demonstrated his failure to lead a country multiple times.
Ex. The CIA knew that Al Queda (sorry if I mispelled that) was located in Saudi Arabia, and Bush simply attacked Iraq for no reason other than personal reasons (which shouldn't have an influence with peoples lifes).
Although, I would have to admit that under Bush, the American unemployment rate was 4-5 in 2007.

Hillary would be good, for she believes in gender equality (contrary to Bush who believed that women should submit to men), and she didn't do many things bad when she was a senator.

Edit: Feel stupid that I forgot George Bush had 2 terms already. However, stupidity runs in the family.
Last edited by etoria; Jan 21, 2015 at 01:35 AM.