Ranking
Original Post
Mini ITX
Wanted to know what you guys thought of Mini ITX builds. I recently made my first build "Lil Booger" and cable managing was a complete nightmare. My system itself does a very decent job when it comes to noise even though there's only one fan in my case. After a hardcore gaming session my CPU on reached about 55°C.

My Computer "Little Booger"

but i have to ask

what is that keyboard?
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
but i have to ask

what is that keyboard?

It's a K70 RBG.
Cute build man, show guts!

You say 1 fan but surely there's another fan in the D9L? If you want to reduce temp and noise just add more fans and ramp them down. Dunno what kind of PSU you are using, but I assume it's modular, so you can get thinner/flatter/longer/shorter cables to make things work better if you want.

I have an itx build too

Last edited by ImmortalPig; May 25, 2015 at 02:11 PM.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
The heatsink does have a fan on it. On heavy workload the build has a small hum to it, it's not actually too noisy. As for the PSU it's not modular because I was a cheap-ass and decided to use my Micro ATX build's PSU and cram it in, it was a cable nightmare but actually I managed to keep it pretty clean. Also my case only allows 1 120mm fan in the back so I had to go with something decent like Noctua fans. If I decide to upgrade to 16gb of ram then I'll probably also buy a better PSU while I'm at it.

http://i.imgur.com/6GIb26i.jpg
^ this looks worse than it actually is.
Last edited by jump; May 26, 2015 at 01:29 PM.
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
CPU: i7 3.4 GHz (quad core)
MB: ASRock FM2A88X-ITX

Are you trying to completely shit all over me?
AMD board and Intel CPU, yea...
maybe update these data.

I prefer ATX builds, they are easier to handle (esp. cable management) and much more versatile in terms of additions. I need my 8HDD Brackets and 9PCI-e slots to feel future proof. Specs in my sig.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
Originally Posted by Mongius View Post
Are you trying to completely shit all over me?
AMD board and Intel CPU, yea...
maybe update these data.

Don't worry mate just re-route the pins using some paperclips.
Currently using a GA H87N-WIFI mini ITX motherboard. Originally this PC was meant to be portable, but I no longer need it to be. I intend on upgrading once I know more about what I'm doing. I really regret going the mini ITX route, I've had to use a fan controller in order to get more fans going, because my GTX 660 heats up waaaay too much. I've had to tinker a lot with cable management, and I have learned a lot, but now I want something simple.
Sounds like you have airflow problems.
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Sounds like you have airflow problems.

Yep. It's a small case with lots of cables and sub par fans.