ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
ASUS have notoriously bad build quality and support, I wouldn't recommend it.

Alienware are good quality, but notoriously expensive (since you have ridiculous amounts of cash to drop, this isn't really a problem for you) so they might not be the best choice.

MSI have a lot of problems, they don't have a good reputation at all.

I would say the best bang-for-your-buck is probably going to be Clevo. I think you are better off getting 1 laptop, there are plenty of portable and powerful boxes available.
For example here is the Metabox W230SD (custom configuration is available, I made it soak up as much of your funds as possible):
13.3" QHD+ 3200x1800 panel
GTX 960M
i7-48910QM
16GB DDR3 1866Mhz
2x1TB 850 EVO mSATA in RAID0 (for ~1GBs access times)
Killer Wireless-N 1202 (because why not)
http://www.affordablelaptops.com.au/...-notebook.html

Remember that any gaming laptop is going to be heavier than a normal laptop, 13-14" is what I'd aim for, 15.6" is going to fuck you up, they are seriously big and seriously heavy. Alienware 13 R2 is the Dell equivalent of the W230SD, but afaik they won't do cool shit like mSATA RAIDs.

Is there an option to get a $500 laptop and pocket the 4.5k? Because a $500 laptop is going to play any competitive game anyway. I don't see the point in wasting money like this. What games do you play? Where are you from? Where are you going?

Hello, thanks for your reply. I'll put it as brief as possible as I am in a short vacation. I'll research on Clevo once I got back. As for the 13.3", how heavy do you reckon it will be? I like 15" laptops as all my laptops are that size and moniors are larger than those. How much do you think the weight will be? And, if I get a custom one, how long will it take for everything to complete? I doubt my country will have those as well.

Yes, if I can save some money, why not. Money isn't an issue and I really want to get a good one. I was given the money to buy technologies to be used in uni. I often play LoL, TB, gonna play a bit of dota and skyrim as well. I can't play any fps so that is out. Came from a country in Asia, gonna be in the UK.
MARKET RULES|ACCOUNT TRADING|SCAM REPORT
Have any questions? Need help? PM me!
✌[eVo]|[raku]✌
The weight is about the same between 13.3" and 15.6" tbh, but 15.6" are a lot bigger and bulkier.

If you have seen 15.6" before and know what you are getting yourself into then ok, but they are big man, everyone I've known who's had one barely moves it around because it's so damn big and annoying to move.

Custom laptops usually ship same day. Asia has a lot of manufacturing, so I would assume there are places to get good cheap custom laptops there.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Wait till your in the UK before buying anything, you'll get stuff cheaper and more reliably.

But please consider getting a desktop and a laptop
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Look at a Lenovo, can't quite name a model off the top of my head but they're lightweight and good for gaming.
Frogs never die.
No more people in my sig.