Toribash
Original Post
Good gaming laptop. Brand and model. Urgent!
Hello, my parents is giving me $5000(around 3.5kUSD) to buy any laptop of my choice but I'm not sure which brand is good for gaming. A lot of my friends have the Alienware 14 and 15 but I want something different than them(maybe a different brand?). It will be a lot better if I can get a laptop that will do well when I play games and doing my university work.

So far I'm thinking of:
1st choice: 1 gaming laptop and 1 uni laptop
Pros: Laptop for uni is lighter and I can carry around easily.
Cons: I'll be studying in a different country and will be living in campus. Which means 1 more laptop to look after and 2 laptops might weigh a lot.

2nd choice: 1 laptop that is good for gaming and doing university work.
Pros: 1 laptop to look after.
Cons: I don't want to carry a gaming laptop around campus because people might thing I'm insane. Best to use it in my room only.

I have 10 days to decide and buy the laptop as I will be leaving for university soon. If there is not much laptop choice, I'll probably get an Alienware 15 and a 15-inch A series Asus laptop(i7).
MARKET RULES|ACCOUNT TRADING|SCAM REPORT
Have any questions? Need help? PM me!
✌[eVo]|[raku]✌
I am currently using an ASUS G771. Definitely in your price range, its a good gaming laptop, also good for school work (also using it at my boarding school).

Runs perfectly.
h
MSI GS60 Ghost is what im currently using for gaming.
Con: does get kinda hot
pro: amazing specs etc

Originally Posted by duck View Post
I am currently using an ASUS G771. Definitely in your price range, its a good gaming laptop, also good for school work (also using it at my boarding school).

Runs perfectly.

I've looked at the review and the specs is good too.
How long have you used it and do you have any complains while using it? What are your thoughts about it?
Also, msi and asus, which do you think is better?

Originally Posted by tobreak View Post
Razer blade is good

Err..need more information about it. What do you think of that model?
✌[eVo]|[raku]✌
Originally Posted by Eason View Post
I've looked at the review and the specs is good too.
How long have you used it and do you have any complains while using it? What are your thoughts about it?
Also, msi and asus, which do you think is better?

I have used it for a fairly long time now, no trouble with it.
I like it. It isn't all that big, so its portable, aint as light as normal work laptops, but that's to be expected. Overheating hasn't been a problem, nor FPS drops. The lowest I got was 55fps, but I casually play Skyrim with 2k graphics on ultra high, and that runs on a smooth 60fps.

I would go with asus. They are both basically equal, with asus being a bit cheaper. Internal cooling on asus is also efficient.
h
Why would you want a laptop? I said it many times already, LAPTOPS AREN'T FOR GAMING! No, a laptop can be named: X Gaming Laptop but it will never be one. Now everybody with their tastes. I would recomend you any ''Gaming laptop'' from Asus, Razer, Lenovo or MSI if you don't want Alienware.
Originally Posted by azzeffir23 View Post
Why would you want a laptop? I said it many times already, LAPTOPS AREN'T FOR GAMING! No, a laptop can be named: X Gaming Laptop but it will never be one. Now everybody with their tastes. I would recomend you any ''Gaming laptop'' from Asus, Razer, Lenovo or MSI if you don't want Alienware.

I'm sorry, but if my laptop runs games better than some PCs I think I can say it is a gaming laptop.

These laptops are optimized for gaming, therefore, they are gaming laptops.
h
Originally Posted by Gunkman04 View Post
MSI GS60 Ghost is what im currently using for gaming.
Con: does get kinda hot
pro: amazing specs etc

I've looked at some of the msi gaming model as well.
I had a dell studio(1555 if I'm not mistaken). It gets hot eventhough I bought a laptop cooler for it. Hate it because my palm gets warm. Any other good msi model you know of?

Originally Posted by duck View Post
I have used it for a fairly long time now, no trouble with it.
I like it. It isn't all that big, so its portable, aint as light as normal work laptops, but that's to be expected. Overheating hasn't been a problem, nor FPS drops. The lowest I got was 55fps, but I casually play Skyrim with 2k graphics on ultra high, and that runs on a smooth 60fps.

I would go with asus. They are both basically equal, with asus being a bit cheaper. Internal cooling on asus is also efficient.

Thank you for putting your time in it. This model will be added to my list.

Originally Posted by azzeffir23 View Post

As I have stated in the first post, I'm going to study overseas for 3 years and I highly doubt that I'm gonna ship my computer to my dorm. Hence, the gaming laptop.
I'm thinking of getting a gaming laptop as well.
✌[eVo]|[raku]✌
Well, the MSI GT80 Titan is top of the line, but is thick af.
It does have a mechanical keyboard though :v