Toribash
Original Post
PC UPGRADE!!
Hey nerds gotta keep this subforum alive somehow
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cocaco...d/#view=knTMZL

all the things marked as purchased are the things i already own. THere is some bottleneck and i may upgrade the 570 or xfire after a few months

l m k what you guys think yes!
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
looks good, an ssd would be a good investment for you though. i have a small 120gb one for windows and program files, and i have a 500gb one for games and other stuff
Professional Cuck ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i was thinking of it, probably would be a good upgrade for later

trying to spread this out over some time so i can save for it
a 128 is only like $60 or something right
i created the ??? emoji
nah dude, you can get a good 128 for like 16 dollars
-----
https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...XsGCFcQgTYIiQY
Last edited by Kangax; Aug 30, 2018 at 09:58 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Professional Cuck ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Definitely get an SSD, new Kingston A400 are fine SSD's and extremely cheap at just 30$ for a 120gig SSD and 50$ for a 240gig.

Upgrade kit looks good, 1700x is a bit of a weird pick for US buyers though since you can either get a higher-clocked 1800x for the same price or get the slightly lower clocked 1700 for significantly cheaper that also comes with a stock cooler if you ever need it. Also if you'll only be gaming/doing light productive work an R5 2600 might be a better bet seeing as that is only like 160$ and will have almost the exact same gaming performance if not better because it's from Ryzen 2 which has slightly better IPC and stuff.

Ryzen benefits from higher clocked ram so if you can find the room to fit a corsair vengeance lpx kit or a g-skill ripjaws v at 3000mhz that could be useful.

Don't go for crossfire, barely any games support it and even if they do it normally only gives about a 40% performance benefit so uh... not worth it. If you want to upgrade probably grab one of the new RTX 2000 series cards when they come out.

Big ole sidenote: Hyper 212 evo doesn't fit the AM4 socket without a special bracket so probably get that from somewhere if you wanna use it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Super Moderator, Event Squad, Market Squad. If you have any questions shoot me a PM!
Originally Posted by Finn View Post
Upgrade kit looks good, 1700x is a bit of a weird pick for US buyers though since you can either get a higher-clocked 1800x for the same price or get the slightly lower clocked 1700 for significantly cheaper that also comes with a stock cooler if you ever need it. Also if you'll only be gaming/doing light productive work an R5 2600 might be a better bet seeing as that is only like 160$ and will have almost the exact same gaming performance if not better because it's from Ryzen 2 which has slightly better IPC and stuff.

1800x is same price as a 1700x... think I'm gonna go for that, the r5 2600 is so fucking mad value. What is IPC? Here's what I'm referencing https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare...69vs2966vs3243
Ryzen benefits from higher clocked ram so if you can find the room to fit a corsair vengeance lpx kit or a g-skill ripjaws v at 3000mhz that could be useful.

I looked into that, the only difference from 2400mhz to 3000mhz is like 2-5fps average in games, I might go with the higher clock just so if i want to add another stick i can do that later

Don't go for crossfire, barely any games support it and even if they do it normally only gives about a 40% performance benefit so uh... not worth it. If you want to upgrade probably grab one of the new RTX 2000 series cards when they come out.

Big ole sidenote: Hyper 212 evo doesn't fit the AM4 socket without a special bracket so probably get that from somewhere if you wanna use it.

No xfire. Got it. Hyper 212 Evo bracket is like 10$ probably just gonna do it, I like this cooler.
i created the ??? emoji