ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Zorow's Replay thread
For new replays go to the last page.

trying to get better at making replays, would love it if you had any advice
Attached Files
Z- Night Shadows.rpl (101.4 KB, 17 views)
Z- Praise Be.rpl (79.2 KB, 7 views)
Z- Twisty~Twerly.rpl (156.9 KB, 5 views)
Z-Bifo Foucus.rpl (134.9 KB, 5 views)
Z- Fire Burns On..rpl (234.1 KB, 12 views)
Z-Pure panda.rpl (101.1 KB, 4 views)
Z~ Decap #1.rpl (99.1 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by Zorow; Jan 15, 2016 at 11:02 PM.
♥Team Aikido♦OoT♣Team Lenshu♠
~Link is my personal Dj
Night Shadows: Slow openers are nice, but I think you waited just a bit too long. Lots of destruction, but I think you should have gotten a few more dms if possible. Good job losing your head haha.

Praise Be: You're pretty flimsy in this one. You should hold some more joints. The side flip was strange because you hit uke, but it was so light of a hit it should have been left out. Decap wasn't bad, but you should try to aim more for the neck, as well as gain better kicking form. Decent pose, but you should make it look a little more natural.

Twisty~Twerly: Some of the kicks were from weird positions, but there was lots of dismemberment, and the concept was there. The pose was a little awkward, but well done otherwise.

Bifo Foucus: I actually really liked this. Nice way to turn Uke on his head. Good bifurcate, but you should have added a touch more to the replay in my opinion. Still, good job.

Fire Burns On: Strange punch for the decap, and the double pencil type kick was weird, but other than that, it wasn't too bad. The way you re-hit Uke's leg as you went for the pose was awkward.

Pure Panda: Strange opener, but the backhand was unexpected and I like that. The first kick should have been with your left leg with it's first extension rather than a scisor kick (type thing). You stumbled over Uke a bit, but but it happens to everybody.

Decap #1: I liked this. Good kick to bring Uke up, and decent decap. Not much else to say haha.

Overall, you're doing pretty well. I'd say, hold a few more joints to work on your realism, do some more poses to get better (I'm really bias), and try do do a longer opener next time. Sorry for being a harsh CnC-er!

Lastly, HOLD YOUR NECK!

Continue :]
Lol, "HOLD YOUR NECK!" haha. Thank you so much for the cnc, It really does help me make better replays. the fact that you took time for all of then I thought was pretty cool. for some of them, now that I look back on them I see the concerns you have and agree completely. Hopefully I won't make those mistakes again!

Thought I would throw this in, not that hard to fix
-----
Before I go any father, Is the opener good?
Attached Files
Z-Fire Burns On v2.rpl (236.8 KB, 8 views)
Opener Decap.rpl (76.4 KB, 7 views)
Last edited by Zorow; Sep 11, 2014 at 06:44 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
~Link is my personal Dj
Had some help with this one
Attached Files
Z- Brenden.rpl (118.8 KB, 9 views)
~Link is my personal Dj
Alright, so the opener wasn't something I haven't seen before. Pretty normal. The sequence from the grab to the first dm seemed a tad odd to me.
For some reason I really liked how your foot 'pried' uke's head off. Decent replay.
SkyWhale...
Attached Files
Z- Something.rpl (90.8 KB, 6 views)
Z- Decapitation.rpl (90.7 KB, 5 views)
Z- Brenden.rpl (118.8 KB, 4 views)
Z- Bifocate.rpl (152.8 KB, 4 views)
~Link is my personal Dj
Needs a better landing I think but ill fix that later
-----
First attempt at a manipulation, WiP still but please tell me what I did wrong other than the fact that it is sloppy and uke should have won
Attached Files
Z- Murpose.rpl (219.2 KB, 9 views)
MAnipulation11.rpl (110.0 KB, 9 views)
Last edited by Zorow; Sep 28, 2014 at 01:20 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
~Link is my personal Dj
Because I should be going to bed right now, I'll watch them all but CnC three.

Something: Really cool opener but I think you had a poor recovery. Next time, try and get in a better position after the hit, and then take the pose immediately from there. It'll help you to look smoother in the end.

Z-Murpose: Strange opener, but it wasn't bad. I'd avoid the legs ghosting as much as they did. Nice quick decap, but again, the recovery wasn't as nice as it could have been. I do however, like how you got to standing quickly. The skeet adds a nice touch to the replay, but it was sloppy in the way that you fell over. Maybe you could edit it to get a better skeet?

Manipulation11: Just going to say (because it looks like you haven't been doing this), if you save the replay with the same name, it saves over the original version. That way, you won't have like, 15 versions of the same replay at different points (providing this is what you did). Anyway, strange backhand to get him up, I wasn't a fan of that. I prefer kicks and punches in manips. At about 270 you were on the right track with spinning him, but you lost your grip on him. Avoid grabbing Uke (I saw that). I think you should have kept going a bit before you kicked. This is decent for a first manipulation but it was kind of sloppy (try and have only your hands and feet touch Uke). Hold your neck.

Well done :]
Co-leader of Nitro | Replays
I might make this into a boom and put in a landing but right now I like the opener
-----
IK I DONT HOLD MY NECK IN ALL OF MY REPLAY. IT'S A HABBIT
Attached Files
Why head.rpl (57.4 KB, 13 views)
Last edited by Zorow; Oct 11, 2014 at 06:47 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
~Link is my personal Dj
Your head is floppy. Well...it's a decap replay so...opener was alright. The spin to build up momentum was odd and seemed rather stiff to me. Good decap I guess. Make a pose or something and you got yourself an okay replay there, bud.