ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[TEX] My First Texture Art Attempt
So I recently made two new head textures and put together one set (pictures below). These were my first projects and I would like to know what you guys think. I am going for a minimalistic/vector style, did I do well? Should I make some more sets like this or change my strategy? Also I am selling the sole head texture at auction starting at 1k, and the set starting at 5k. Are these prices reasonable? Thank you for any input.

The heads were actually made in a mac version of MS Paint. But since they are minimal I think they get the job done.

First Head Texture

First Set

---------------------------- Edit----------------------------------
I completely forgot to add the tag [Tex]. Sorry mods, I don't see a way to change the subject line.

tyzi Moderated Message:
fixed
Last edited by TyZi; May 3, 2016 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Oops
I suggest, first of all, that you save up tc to get a 512 head texture like...asap. That way you can start making high Q heads that people (including yourself) can see ingame and out.

-

Now, maybe you are going simplistic, but you still need to be creative. For your first textures ever, it's good that you play around and get a good understanding of the mapping and junk.

However, never settle. Look at other peeps art, online or in forums.

Try to roughdraft and come up w/ ideas outside of the computer screen. Feel free to doodle here and there and just get that creative juice flowin'.

-

Honestly, you are doing super fine so far, being as new as yourself.

3rd Head Evar

I started just like you man!

Recent (WIP)

You will develop your own style as you go, and use your mistakes to polish your future works. (I haven't uploaded finished piece but whatever...)

Keep at it and good luck!
Thank you for your feedback! I have actually been working more on the set above here and would love if you could critique my progress. And your 3rd head ever looks pretty good! xD
Also, I am trying to get a 512. You are very right, 128 was a huge quality limiter for me.
Last edited by Continua; May 5, 2016 at 04:18 AM.