Ranking
Fyeah Tuna, Misfits. Watched that show when it first came out. Kept up with the first 2 or 3 seasons, but yeah, like you said, it get's a bit 'meh' after you-know-who leaves the show. The other things on your list I haven't seen is Peaky Blinders, Residue and It's a beautiful day. Might pick up Residue if it's as good as Misfits (is it like it in the sense that it's about powers or is it comedically similar?).

I think I'll download Knights of Sidonia (pretty sure our crappy Australian Netflix won't have it) today. Been looking for a new good anime, right now I'm only watching 'Baby Steps', an anime about tennis (cus I have a weird new interest in tennis).

Lol, zwouter, no way am I ever going to torture myself with Lost (and yes, the cornetto trilogy is awesome).

I've seen Kevin Bacon's penis a few times Zelda, but I'll be happy to see it again in Wild Things.
Last edited by Ele; Jun 17, 2015 at 11:08 AM.
It has a few of the same actors, It's quite dark though, and not really that comical :x
Aimlessly swimming in circumcisions
I've been watching The Knick.
It's fucking amazing, but if you're not English, you probably haven't seen it.
If you're American, here's a translation.

Freedom freedom freedom.
Jude Law freedom tea freedom britbong freedom TV freedom freedom scum freedom.
freedom freedom MURICA' EAGLE freedom a translation.
Silver Elite Master. Fml.
Ele | Morals | JackMorris
Just watched the first episode of Knights of Sidonia. It's kind of ripping of NGE but it's still prettttty awesome. 10/10 so far. I like how the damage is realistic. I.e. he breaks his hand, gets knocked the fuck out etc.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Just watched the first episode of Knights of Sidonia. It's kind of ripping of NGE but it's still prettttty awesome. 10/10 so far. I like how the damage is realistic. I.e. he breaks his hand, gets knocked the fuck out etc.

Watching "The Knights of Badassdom" right now. Pretty funny, but pretty shit at the same time.
Things I've seen (and liked) recently;
- First episode of S2 of True Detective (Vince Vaughan doing a srs role)
- 2013 movie called 'Frequencies' (IMBD says a mix of 500 Days of Summer, Primer and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)
- Bellator 138 - Kimbo Vs. Shamrock (decent card and exciting main event)
- Knights of Sidonia S1

Things I didn't like:
- The new, third season of Hannibal
- The current, and 21st (!) Ultimate Fighter season
Things I've seen (and liked) recently;
- First episode of S2 of True Detective (Vince Vaughan doing a srs role)
- 2013 movie called 'Frequencies' (IMBD says a mix of 500 Days of Summer, Primer and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)
- Bellator 138 - Kimbo Vs. Shamrock (decent card and exciting main event)
- Knights of Sidonia S1

Things I didn't like:
- The new, third season of Hannibal
- The current, and 21st (!) Ultimate Fighter season

>What the fuck is up with all these goddamn dystopian future films? It's becoming as bad as FNAF, like a fucking VIRUS.
>Just watched the first two Hunger Games films, I have not seen so much garbage in my life. Fml. Four hours, an extra large Papa Johns pizza and 4l of Coke gone to waste.
#AfricanKids.jpeg
The Hunger Games movies were originally books.

Books turning into movies, in my opinion, is not a good idea.

Percy Jackson. Awesome books, not awesome movies.

The Maze Runner. Awesome books, not awesome movie. A sequel is coming out soon, and I don't want to watch it.
a spoon.
45% rotten tomatos. No thank-you. Then again, I liked Tusk (also with Justin Long) which is 39%.

Rotten tomatoes give bad critics to pretty much everything which doesn't either have a deep story or a lot of dark-humor, from what I've seen. A lot of good thrillers are rated meh up there but end up being amazing!

Originally Posted by Bulletron View Post
I saw Jurassic World last Saturday since it was my dad's birthday. Shit was great.

The Jurassic Park series was my favorite as a kid. Watching JW made me all nostalgic, especially with all the references to the JP series.

I also watched Jurassic World and i really liked it, made me nostalgic aswell.

Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
Sigh time to make a huge list of films
Also most if not all of these films/tv shows are available on (uk) netflix.

A list in no perpendicular order:
  • Peaky Blinders | Tv show - 1 season: A notorious gang in 1919 Birmingham, England, is led by the fierce Tommy Shelby, a crime boss set on moving up in the world no matter the cost.(Netflix) I would rate 5/5.
  • Fringe | Tv show - 5 seasons: As part of Fringe Division, FBI agent Olivia Dunham uses experimental science to unravel the mystery surrounding a series of paranormal events.(Netflix) It's a pretty good show I'll give it that, 4/5
  • Residue | Tv show - 1 season: After a freak explosion wreaks havoc on a sprawling city of the future, eight survivors get caught up in the aftermath and its paranormal effects.(Netflix) not personally ranked yet as I just started it, but It seems good, reminds me of MisFits.
  • Daredevil | Tv show - 1 season: "Marvel's Daredevil" is a live action series that follows the journey of attorney Matt Murdock, who in a tragic accident was blinded as a boy but imbued with extraordinary senses. Murdock sets up practice in his old neighborhood of Hell's Kitchen, New York where he now fights against injustice as a respected lawyer by day and masked vigilante at night.(Netflix) Gory/5, This is a really good season, it has a nice story and better yet decapitation via car door.
  • Black Books | Tv show - 3 Series: A misanthropic bookshop owner named Bernard Black wakes up from a bender to discover, to his horror, that he's hired cheery Manny Bianco as a clerk.(Netflix) 5/5 Loved it.
  • It's such a beautiful day | Film - 64min: Award-winning animator Don Hertzfeldt unites three short films about a hapless guy named Bill with new material to create this feature-length tale.(Netflix) This is a pretty interesting film, also really deep.
  • Archer | Tv show - 5 Seasons: Suave, sophisticated spy Archer may have the coolest gadgets, but he still has issues when it comes to dealing with his boss, who is also his mother.(Netrflix) 10/5 funny as hell.
  • Knights of Sidonia | Tv show - 1 season(season 2 is out on july 3rd): An original anime series about Nagate, a low-born youth in a society of genetically engineered humans, refugees that escaped the destruction of Earth one thousand years earlier and now occupy the massive ship Sidonia. When Nagate's talent as a pilot is revealed he becomes one of Sidonia's elite defenders against the Gauna, shapeshifting aliens bent on eliminating humans from existence. Based on the popular Japanese manga comic.(Netflix) 5/5 watched it all in one sitting.
  • MisFits | Tv show - 5 Seasons: After being sentenced to six weeks of community service, five ne'er-do-well teens discover that a freak storm has given them superpowers.(Netflix) 5/5 I enjoyed it, but then I started watching the other seasons and the life had kinda died out.
  • Boardwalk Empire | Tv show - 5 seasons: Atlantic City at the dawn of Prohibition is a place where the rules don't apply. And the man who runs things -- legally and otherwise -- is the town's treasurer, Enoch "Nucky" Thompson, who is equal parts politician and gangster. Side by side with his brother Elias, Atlantic City's sheriff, and a crew of ward bosses and local tough guys, Nucky gains a reputation as the man to see for illegal alcohol. He does business with all the top gangsters -- Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, "Big Jim" Colosimo -- and he does it well ... until a former protégé takes matters into his own hands, setting the Feds on Nucky's tail.(Google) 5/5 Loved it.
Okay so, mostly tv shows, I'll add a few more later maybe.

Fringe: Saw a few episodes, pretty good from what I've seen
Daredevil: Great, amazing series from what I've watched (I watched the first 6 episodes in a day and then stopped)
Originally Posted by Bulletron View Post
The Hunger Games movies were originally books.

Books turning into movies, in my opinion, is not a good idea.

Percy Jackson. Awesome books, not awesome movies.

The Maze Runner. Awesome books, not awesome movie. A sequel is coming out soon, and I don't want to watch it.

Hunger games movies are ok/pretty good...
Percy Jackson movie #1 was really good, albeit different from the book. #2 wasn't good though
The Maze Runner: Movie was really good.
Divergent: Really good movies...

The thing is, most book movies get bad critics because the people go in with an idea of what the characters and the scenery will look like and get let down because the movie doesn't reflect those elements that they imagined and loved inside their head.

Personal recommendations:
- Nightcrawler: Really good movie! It looked cheap/badly made at first but it is really good, and everyone I've shown it too thought it was great!

- 12 years a slave: Don't watch this on a good day... because you will feel terrible after watching this movie. It's about a free black amaerican male who gets kidnapped and put into slavery and works for years to try and recove his freedom. I've never cracked down crying to a movie, but this one nearly got me! It is really, really rough and has a lot of scenes for which I would have given it awards (which the movie did get if I remember correctly). But as I've said, the topic of the movie is really rough and hard on the feelings and had me thinking for days afterwards... Actually, the movie was so intense (in my opinion) that I considered not continuing to watch it afeter seeing certain scenes 2-3 times during the movie. Still, recommended, because to me it was a masterpiece!

- Interstellar: Simply amazing, albeit a bit nerdy and a few things which don't properly fall into place (aka multiple things aren't possible according to physics)
Last edited by Liquidoom; Jun 28, 2015 at 02:35 PM.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
Loved Nightcrawler. Very funny and interesting movie. Haven't seen Interstellar OR Gravity yet, though I have both downloaded. I heard Gravity's shit compared to Interstellar.