people playing: 81, servers online: 19, games played: 142,000,000 Top Player: Imperial

Toribash Community » Toribash » Suggestions & Ideas
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old May 3, 2018 Original Post  
Enclave

4th Dan Black Belt

Crediting Item Forgers
Hello.

It's come to my attention that many of the 3d items made in this game are worn by many players, but are simply ignored in terms of who made them/finding out who made them; I mean, 3D modeling IS a form of art after-all.

I believe the models for older items and newer items should have their respective forgers listed whether they're in the torishop or in the shiai token exchange.

I've spoken with sir on this matter once in discord, and he said there's no rule about hiding/keeping forgers' identities withdrawn publicly as to who's forged what in this game.

Perhaps a sticky could be made in the arts/textures thread to list out each forger and which item he or she has made?

Best regards,

~Enclave~

I renamed the thread for clarity ~Kore / ~suo
~World's Fastest Nudger~
Got rare stuff? :D PM me!

Last edited by suomynona; May 5, 2018 at 05:35 PM..
Enclave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2018   #21
Enclave

4th Dan Black Belt

Bigass bump
~World's Fastest Nudger~
Old Aug 11, 2018   #22
Enclave

4th Dan Black Belt

Bigitty Bigitty BUMMMP
~World's Fastest Nudger~
Old Aug 11, 2018   #23
+suomynona
Banning Icky from Wibbles would be a crime against nature.

Toxic Belt
Clan: spirit

Personally, I like the idea and for the newer items at least the information is readily available for us. From what I've heard it should be possible to implement, but I'm not sure how straightforward it will be to actually do so.
User title may be a victim of recent outsourcing endeavors.
suomynona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2018   #24
cappuccino
NON-EXlSTlNG!

6th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Hidden

back in 2016 when I was doing IF stuff, I used to write my nickname at the end of items' description
cappuccino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2018   #25
Nokia
NON-EXISTING!

10th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by cappuccino View Post
back in 2016 when I was doing IF stuff, I used to write my nickname at the end of items' description

^

Writing in IF names in an item's description is as easy as writing a reply, really (like Kistune Mask or Hidden Blade). A notable "good" example for crediting others is the Demon Wings's OP post, on the bottom right.
Keep in mind that some event-based items include credits for original designers, like the Box items or the Cowboy Hat.
Overall there has been some cases where IFs and designers were credited, but idunno if it's necessary to do so in every item/set release (for specific and/or irritating reasons).
If it's really needed to know who did what item, you could start a new thread where you reference each Item Forger and item they made. Sorta like the list of current artists or that one thread about every single item name and their perspective IDs.

Last edited by Nokia; Aug 12, 2018 at 12:23 AM..
Nokia is offline   Reply With Quote