Ranking
Original Post
TORIBASH IDEA – Purchasable Fighting Stances
This idea is probably the craziest one I've come up with. Hopefully, it's actually possible.

Players should be able to buy, with TC or Paypal, new Toribash opening fighting stances. There are many fighting stances from martial art techniques that we can use as reference. That also means a lot of money can be made. This market product would change the game play experience for the player. It's a product that could actually matter.

Buying a new opening fighting stance in TORIBASH is like buying a new champion in a Free-to-Play MOBA such as League of Legends, buying a new gun in a Free-to-Play MMOFPS such as Combat Arms or buying a new sword for your avatar in a Free-to-Play MMORPG such as Dragon Nest.

The player gets to use one fighting stance for free by default when they start playing. That stance would be the current fighting stance in the game. Similar to how a player usually only gets to use one gun for free by default when they start playing. The gun isn't terrible, but it's not as good as the other guns. So the player is most likely going to buy more guns. If the player chooses to stick with the default gun, he'll need to master it and master the game to be highly successful in competitive play. The fighting stance can actually be named “Default” if no other names get chosen.

If the team isn't experienced with game balance, I'd be able to help you and the other developers with balancing the stances. We'd have to make sure Toribash doesn't become “Pay to Win”.

You'll need to figure out where the players will be able to change there fighting stances back and forth

Due to how there's over 1000 mods in the Toribash, we have possibly over 1000 mods to base the fighting stances on. That means buying fighting stances for Aikido is for Aikido only. Fighting stances bought for Wushu can only be used in Wushu.

Purchasable Fighting Stances will also give players another way to personalize how they play TORIBASH. And the game will finally be able to attract more MOBA fans and fighting game fans. I hope this interests you.

*Feel free to build on this idea, guys. But I doubt Hampa will give this idea a go. Too busy working on more important things, i'm sure.*
Learning from the best.
There's YouTube, where they can present the stances with the moves on it and copy (for the people that haven't bought it, the stances)the exact same stance.
you are misunderstanding, this idea wants your stance to be different from the start of the game, instead of a T pose you are ready to grapple without having to start with an opener.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
Would turn the game into a pay 2 win game, regardless of what precautions you take to "balance" the differences, there will always be a disadvantage and/or an advantage.

Not Supported.
-----
Originally Posted by Day View Post
you are misunderstanding, this idea wants your stance to be different from the start of the game, instead of a T pose you are ready to grapple without having to start with an opener.

lmfao what would the point be of that? It wouldn't change anything, and literally no one would buy it.
Last edited by parrot; Feb 9, 2016 at 12:01 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
in most mods the first turn is pretty much all about setting up your "starting pose" lets not over complicate things.
just make a version of every mod you play with a 5 or 10 tf turn at the start.
This would give people advantages, so you could probably limit it to only certain mods where the first move isn't too important.