Ranking
Original Post
How to manage the Ranking servers?
So, it's pretty clear that the GMs have in their hand an important yet difficult task to manage the ranked servers and how they change during the month. They also have to pick a list of competitive mods to be applied.

As we've seen recently, the idea of a ranking restricted server is starting to take shape with room "tourney13" where only people ranked from 1-500 can join.

For the sake of discussion, we'll assume that the ranks will reset every month. However, a system where two month is taken for the reset can be made as well.

The idea behind this thread is that each person takes my sample, and DISCUSSES and SUGGESTS changes. This is pretty much similar to working in a team. In the end, with all the suggestions from the community and the in-depth discussion, we'll have a solid PLAN to present to the GMs which might help them.

I'm more than positive this is how the admins see the ranked servers evolve to so let's start up.

This is the sample assuming we have a monthly reset, let's start with that!

SAMPLE: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Your messed up world enthrills me
I'll take the (1) (2) (3) thingy as option 1, option 2, and option 3. So,

I agree for the choosen mods, day 1 is OK.

For the day 10, I think the option 2 is going to be better if you change it to <1000, rotating those mods is a nice plan, I guess, so people won't get bored easily because of playing in the same mod again and again. It's also a little bit more challanging.

As for the Day 20, the option 3 is good if you change it to <500. Because it's not like every high ranked players are always active, some was only just obtaining the rank, and when they got the rank, they just exit the game and waited to get a new higher rank opponent to beat or even just stay on spectating until that higher rank opponent appeared.
Last edited by Raiken; Aug 12, 2015 at 02:02 PM.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
Originally Posted by Raiken View Post
I'll take the (1) (2) (3) thingy as option 1, option 2, and option 3. So,

I agree for the choosen mods, day 1 is OK.

For the day 10, I think the option 2 is going to be better if you change it to <1000, rotating those mods is a nice plan, I guess, so people won't get bored easily because of playing in the same mod again and again. It's also a little bit more challanging.

As for the Day 20, the option 3 is good if you change it to <500. Because it's not like every high ranked players are always active, some was only just obtaining the rank, and when they got the rank, they just exit the game and waited to get a new higher rank opponent to beat or even just stay on spectating until that higher rank opponent appeared.

It's not options! These are all the servers that will be present. So for example, in Day 20, we will have >500 servers, 250-500 servers and <250 servers!
My bad, I didn't notice, and there are only a few description at first, so I was kind of confused with numbered ones, but it's all clear now. I've read all of it and I got a feeling that it's going to work.

So basically it's a ranked-servers system that allow a player with a high ranking (100th or less) to freely go and play to every ranked-servers? It's indeed interesting. So, in order to go and play freely to every ranked-servers you have to get a high ranking first.

For players with high ranking they're able to face an opponent with the same skill as them in a ranked-servers within their rank. They also able to play with some others decent ranked players (around 500) to play with when they got bored or want to show his skills and stuff.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by Raiken; Aug 12, 2015 at 03:23 PM.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
Originally Posted by Raiken View Post
My bad, I didn't notice, and there are only a few description at first, so I was kind of confused with numbered ones, but it's all clear now. I've read all of it and I got a feeling that it's going to work.

So basically it's a ranked-servers system that allow a player with a high ranking (100th or less) to freely go and play to every ranked-servers? It's indeed interesting. So, in order to go and play freely to every ranked-servers you have to get a high ranking first.

For players with high ranking they're able to face an opponent with the same skill as them in a ranked-servers within their rank. They also able to play with some others decent ranked players (around 500) to play with when they got bored or want to show his skills and stuff.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The idea is that first of the month it is an open contest. Everyone fights everyone! Here we start having an approximate idea about who's a good player and who's not. Most of the good players at certain mods will make it into the less than 500 ranked servers. These servers are introduced after the first 10 days of ranking.

Technically, there should be 3 of the <500 ranked servers. Each server will rotate between different type of mods. So one server for example will rotate between striking mods and another rotates between grappling mod. Here we're having first a higher skillcap because of the low-ranked players+ versatility! A good striking player should be good in rk-mma, lenshu3ng, AND wushu.(just an example)

After 20 days, we'll have <250 ranked server where it rotates between ALL the mods. For fairness, each type of mods should be represented by equal numbers. So like..not 20 grappling mods and 2 striking mods.

The best toribash player is the best in his type of mods(say striking or grappling) and is the more versatile..meaning he's competent more or less in the other type! So, competitiveness+versatility.

Got it? I just noticed this is long enough to be a blog entry... What do you guys think? I'd like to hear the GMS say in this!
this is atleast something better untill we get the matchmaking done
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by snake View Post
this is atleast something better untill we get the matchmaking done

and it doesn't require any programming, everything is available. attractive option imo
is this thread fking troll or smthing

I said this almost a year ago srsly look
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread....php?t=491349v
v
v
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=491349
vhttp://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=491349

And btw, lobbys ranked 1-500 is basically nothing, there is about 20 good players on toribash so 500 just = noob farming
A bit off topic, fist you say 20 good players. Name them RN!

Also i think 1-30/40 is a ranking area where some tournament/competition could be done. Since totally awful players cant get around those ranks without massive farming.

So a server with rank <50 with rotating mods would be nice.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
A bit off topic, fist you say 20 good players. Name them RN!

Also i think 1-30/40 is a ranking area where some tournament/competition could be done. Since totally awful players cant get around those ranks without massive farming.

So a server with rank <50 with rotating mods would be nice.

well i think 20 was evn an exaggeration maybe like 10 good players who can beat the other 5,000 easily. Most went inactive recently thou as duel community died.