Ranking
Yes, the word racism is being manipulated..But, then usually by children who do not know the full meaning of it, slinging it back as an insult over what they perceive being treated unfairly.

School teachers hear it often, when correcting children; where the child sees the teacher is having a different skin color than them.

It doesn't matter to the child whether or not the teacher would actually have done the same correction, in same manner, to any child of any race. The child reach for the word "racist" if found fitting by the child.

This same slinging of "racist" label, also is abused by some chriminals, once they see the law enforcer is different skin color. But in some, or most, cases it is like children acting to what they perceive to be unfair reaction at their own misbehaviour. Whatever insult they can sling at the individual correcting them, in their own defense or despair, would get used.

It is a negative laden adjective, as it should be, and so it will be manipulated and misused. Trouble is, the misuse of it adds to the risk of it being meaningless. Like crying "Wolf! Wolf!" if there is no wolf. Then, the consequence of the misuse, is felt by those who do experience true racism.

And of course, any normal, human person will often risk being scolded by their own race's racists, if they do not abide, being called a "Coon", "Uncle Tom", "Nigger Lover", "Traitor", "Wigger", "Semi-Kike", "Infidel"..depending on the person's ethnicity or skin color.
Last edited by DuckHuntP; Oct 21, 2015 at 07:19 PM.

I think it shouldn't be classified as racist because i am black, and my friends and associates call each other my nigga and stuff, so it would be double standarding if some white guy who is trying to fit in says the word. I don't have a problem with someone saying the word as it not that serious, just don't mean it in the racist way.

SMALLMOTHGIRLS4L

we are better than you
every single word can be used in a racist context.
Let's stop blaming words and start addressing people's intent to derride, berate, diminish, or invalidate others.

I can invalidate you just by saying that you are invalid.

"sup nigga" is like the opposite of invalidation.

It's acknowledgement.

So i said nigga and im white. you gonna get offended because im racist? That's racist yo.
SuicideDo, the Brewtal Drunken Immortal.