ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
New gamemode with pre-recorded moves?
Well, I was thinking about this for a while, but there could be a new gamemode added to Toribash, where the game's camera switches to a side view, and you could use pre-recorded moves binded to specific buttons to defeat your opponents.
There should be a "recording room" where you could record stuff like "standing animation", or "Low Kick/Move A", using the original Toribash game mechanism. Damage calculations could be made using the pre-existing engine. There could be an energy bar, which when it's full, worth x amount of frames (could be trained, like in Minibash), and a move draws it's amount of frames from that. So, for example, you have a stamina bar of 100 frames and your punch is 20 frames long, you could do 5 punches from your stamina before you'd have to rest.
After a move is executed to it's full extent, the character should revert to it's original standing animation to avoid weird situations. (There could be a limiter on joint speeds allowed in this stance so it wouldn't count as an attack, and also a removal of damage infliction ability while in standing position)
Multiplayer could be arranged in the same fashion as the original TB works: rooms, with queues, while two players play.
I'm not saying this should replace TB's current game mechanism, I'm saying it could be a fun new area to go and experiment with.
I'm sure it could be made entirely without modifying the engine, using scripts only.

Edit: this is a repost from a while back, but it got hammered by the rules back then.
Last edited by ynvaser; Aug 17, 2012 at 03:48 AM.
Actually, this might be a fun way to practice new moves on mods :3
Add an option to the utilities maybe? "Enable uke fight mode"
Lol

I support this idea.
Nice one!
3DS FC :4038-6911-2047
Pokemon Player. LoZ and other Nintendo shit. =]
This is a good idea, would be awesome.

And shortkeys for the body functions would be nice as well. You know, while right now you have to click with the mouse cursor, if you had shortkeys for body functions you wouldn't have to click on everything all the time which can get annoying, instead you could use shortkeys. That would be nice.
I believe this would be a nice feature, but I would limit it to SP only so far. Being able to pre-set moves in MP would take away the element of making decisions fast.

Stamina bar seems especially intriguing in the context of Toribash, and being able to save moves would help us train.