Toribash
All we need now is Toriboxing combined with an updated Punchout script for perfection.
Well Finally.... The Toriboxing Mod Project is Completed!!!!!

The Final Heavyweight Bodytype is released and approved for mp play (realtoriboxinghw).

P.S Heavyweight is probably the most difficult bodytype to master. For truly powerful blows, make sure to have a wide stance. the body is resilient to fractures but have a large neck which can be fractured for major points. Also, this bodytype isn't made to move around much so there's one rule.

Just Plant your feet and Unload.

Enjoy!!
Pirate: smilies, your textures kick so much ass

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

Originally Posted by Jam0864 View Post
I suggest you add a floor, and raise everything off the ground, so instead of fighting on the real ground, you fight on this environment floor. Why is this better? Well tie that with an extremely small dojo and you can have "ring outs" where you manage to smash an opponent out of the ring, for disqualification!

umm then theres no blood on ground lol
Sorry for the inactivity,

I've been doing some test boxing tourneys with prizes very frequently lately.

The league planning is progressing well.(I might have a nabi tourney to test the league format)

Also, i find new boxers still have trouble getting used to the mod, so i may release some more training mods in the near future
Pirate: smilies, your textures kick so much ass

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

yeah smilies, those tourneys were great.
i had a lot of fun in them, and even got second place in one.

keep it up
We don't hire night janitors.
Don't ask me why, but I just spent some time tweaking all the variables in the balance system. I actually kinda like what became of my efforts.

Back when we were actively working on this project, we tried for harsh realism. This time, I've dispensed with that idea: you'll basically be upright the entire match, courtesy of some extra thrust on the abdominal region.
Less worrying about footing and more punching, at the cost of a load of realism.

I know I'm catering to a niche market here, but still, I'd like some feedback.
It should be easier to pick up than the original version, at least.
Attached Files
ToriboxingG1.tbm (6.1 KB, 19 views)
I'm back, I think... :)
Mod Pack
I like it, walkings easier, but the cost of realism was a shame, but now, I can get a lot more combo's in, nice work.
Attached Files
Boxing - Combo.rpl (107.7 KB, 20 views)
Last edited by Castra; Mar 28, 2010 at 04:20 PM.
| tom |
Whoa, Castra! Nice combo there... I'm curious as to how well you'd do against a moving target ;)

For the rest of you:

I've attached two replays of my own, with some basic techniques.
You might want to run them through this replay parser and figure out the details.

Mind the following when playing:

1. As opposed to regular toribash, it's best to hold all at the start of the match. There are so many forces at work on your tori that relaxing all throws you off balance.

2. To get into striking range, you will have to take a step forward. Contract both your ankles! It's too early to extend them, see 3.
Then move one hip forward, the other backward, and -extend your abs-.
That way, the weight is on the back foot, making sure the front foot actually goes forward. It's a confusing story, but try it out, you'll see what I mean.

3. Extend your ankle when your front foot hits/is about to hit the ground. If you do it too early, you'll fly upward, which makes you very vulnerable.
If done correctly, however, it adds a sudden forward impulse to your punch. When in doubt, keep your ankles contracted.

4. When toppling over, the C button is your friend! The forces that keep you upright will force your tori into a (sort of) balanced pose, even if you hold your joints.

5. Try holding and/or relaxing your arm joints when punching. They matter a lot accuracy-wise.

6. Practice some moves in single player before you try it online. It'll really help!
Attached Files
basicmovesg1.rpl (55.3 KB, 14 views)
basicmovesg1-2.rpl (49.6 KB, 10 views)
I'm back, I think... :)
Mod Pack
Ok, I think I'm ready for MP.
Skazz, PM me times, like we said earlier, about meeting ingame.
| tom |
Hey just made a replay showing an alternative start that allows a strong punch which utilises the power from both legs.

Edit: i've actually attached the replay this time >.<
Attached Files
boxing - alternative start.rpl (49.0 KB, 10 views)
Last edited by FurryDonut; Apr 19, 2010 at 07:27 PM.
Aperture Science Employee #92